Sign in to follow this  
Guest BJC

A Revamp of the 737 Series is desirable

Guest BJC

Dear PMDG SUPPORT,I own both the 737 and THE QUEEN. There are certain new features that came with the QUEEN, which I

Another company is developing another 737? That would be news to me. If you mean the Wilco product, then that would be the 733/734/735.Sure, we all would love to see an updated 737, but it's too early for that IMHO. The current 737 is probably still selling strong. I wouldn't expect any update until the currect projects are finished - maybe next year or the year thereafter...Pat

Guest BJC

HI, PatI mean the Boeing 737-300,-400,-500,-600, .... etc. the whole "737" SERIES, of course.Yes, that

I second that. I'm not flying the 737s anymore since I own the LD 767.I do not like long haul very much and really would like to see the NGs with the panel save feature and improved performance.I'd also pay the full price again for a set of revamped 737 NGs.There are too many long haul releases this year IMO...Alex

Guest iain williams

I feel the same way.A revamp would be great - but PMDG is a very business orientated company and I believe they would not do this when they can make more money selling new modelsI just bought the LD767 - so perhaps that is the way to go until a service pack is released for the 737...IAIN

Guest VPA005

Ok now normally i dont post in these forums but i had to say something here, you talk about Splitting into seperate teams , ok BUT how long does it take for PMDG products to be developed to PMDG's high standards currently? How many people whine about how long it takes? now times that amount by 4 (if you split into 4 teams) we would all be waiting 4 times longer for each PMDG product, definetly not what you want :(

I still fly the NG's all over. I have no problems with it and it flies great. A panel save would be nice but most flights are short enough to require it. I also believe I read that an update to the NG will not be done for FS9. Maybe the next version of MSFS?

Guest Robin.B

>HI, Pat>>I mean the Boeing 737-300,-400,-500,-600, .... etc. the whole>"737" SERIES, of course.>>Yes, that

It is not that PMDG is a multi-million dollar company with different teams working on different projects. I am not sure where this comment comes from that they "let us down". They don't owe us anything. If they decided to update the 737 series, great. If not, eventually another company will fill the gap, because there is undoubtedly a huge 737 following, simply because it is *the* most popular airliner and very-well suited for the flight sim, because the majority of people usually fly short/medium haul. It is also an economic decision. As I said earlier, the current PMDG series is probably still selling strong.On the other side, I think an upgrade would be nothing impossible, because of their 737 being just so good that developers would 'only' have to add some more functionality and sell it as an premium upgrade to their series.On my list for those enhancements would be:- A weather radar- Dynamic scenery, pushback truck, ground crew- IRS- Interactive checklistsSo, really, it shouldn't really be that much of an effort and I would pay another $20-$30 for this. To revamp the entire package, seems unecessary,Pat

Guest mulletman

>I mean the Boeing 737-300,-400,-500,-600, .... etc. the whole>"737" SERIES, of course.Actually, Wilco are only doing the 300 through 500. Which have EXTREMELY different panel setups to the 600 through 900 that PMDG (and Araine) have done.100 through 500 : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/848555/M/600 through 900 : http://www.airliners.net/open.file/921197/M/ I would love to see the PMDG 737 be taken to the standars of the LDS767 (as i too have just baught that, and it is phenominal) and especially the panel save would be nice.On saying that, i would far rather wait, as i am enjoying my 737 as it is, and i understand that these things take time. I Intend to get the future PMDG models, but i do hope they return to the 737 after. remeber, what is happening to the 747 now, happened to the 737 when it was released, hence there are no bugs. And i think its a fine product. May not be as good as current standards (set in commercial by the PMDG 747, and military as the Captainsim C-130) but it makes for enjoyable flying none the less.

>PMDG decided to "let us down" so I decided not to be loyal,>either.How did PMDG, "let us down"?

Guest andyman

RADAR ALT. CALIBRATION. I HATE TOUCHING DOWN WITH 10 FEET TO GO!

Guest BJC

>I still fly the NG's all over. I have no problems with it and>it flies great. A panel save would be nice but most flights>are short enough to require it. >I also believe I read that an update to the NG will not be>done for FS9. Maybe the next version of MSFS?Yes, it flies great, no doubt, but as a bread earner I can

Guest BJC

>where this comment comes from that they "let us down". They>don't owe us anything. If they decided to update the 737>series, great. >If not, eventually another company will fill>the gap, Sure they don

Guest BJC

>I feel the same way.>>A revamp would be great - but PMDG is a very business>orientated company and I believe they would not do this when>they can make more money selling new models>>I just bought the LD767 - so perhaps that is the way to go>until a service pack is released for the 737...IAINYes, but they would be risking the loss of loyal customers to competitors, who can probably outdo PMDG