Sign in to follow this  
Guest BJC

A Revamp of the 737 Series is desirable

Lots of opinions here :D, In a nutshell, to be able to have the saved aircraft state currently on the 747, PMDG would need not to "update" the final 737 but do a MAJOR re-write of the code. Then one has to consider if such a major time expense would create revenue to cover costs of production and or loss of time for other products down the pipe or even if the current 737 users would except a "charge" for such a major change. I would venture to guess no to both questions.. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest andyman

They could always add BBJ3 and the 900ER... But noooo.(i have a prediction that they wont do it)

Guest ny_simmer

Edit to sign post...This thread and a few others show how much people like the 737NG.Personally, I love the 747 but have to admit I like the 'short hop' 737 a little more.I don't feel that I do the 747 routes justice as I get them on their way, go to sleep, and resume the 'pause on TOD'. I tend to stick with the 2-3 hour 737 flights better. Anyway, that's just me.I would like to see PMDG update the 737NG series, and would be willing to pay for their efforts.Regards,Bob Quick

Guest Knikolaes

Heheh try being addicted to everything in the air. Love all my PMDG craft, love the PSS T7, love the LDS 767 -- if the mood strikes, I fly it. If the mood strikes and I don;t have what I am in the mood for . . . well . . . that's what paychecks are for (some would argue that they are for paying bills -- ick).Okay just kidding on the bills part.Honestly though I love the NG series -- but I also admit that liek every last one of us here . . . I mean . . . who has EVER turned down an update or not looked forward to one? Even models that seem almost PERFECT to me I check regularly for updates :-)I have to agree with Randy here though -- costs -- revenue -- etc. . . . . I am happy, and look forward to seeing the MD-11.

Guest BJC

>>> Lots of opinions here :D,>> In a nutshell, to be able to have the saved aircraft state>currently on the 747, PMDG would need not to "update" the>final 737 but do a MAJOR re-write of the code. Then one has to>consider if such a major time expense would create revenue to>cover costs of production and or loss of time for other>products down the pipe or even if the current 737 users would>except a "charge" for such a major change. >> I would venture to guess no to both questions..>On the contrary, my gut feeling is that everybody - like myself - would be prepared to pay about US$ 35,00 to have a totally overhauled 737. Truth to tell, if I had the option between the QUEEN OF THE SKIES and the 737, I would take the 737. Lots of simmers prefer the "short hops" over the heavy "long hauls". The 737s are more popular. Anyway, Wilco will soon launch their 737s, and I will surely buy them instead of the MD-11 .... or any other heavy aircraft. You see, the beauty of the smaller jets is they can use MORE airports than the heavy ones ....