Sign in to follow this  
Guest JLHARVEY1

PMDG 747 "Queen of the Skies" - Panel question

Guest JLHARVEY1

I bought Queen of the Skies and I love the flight dynamics and the appearance of the plane. However, I'm not really an advanced flight simmer. The plane is a tad more sophisticated than I capable of flying. So I changed the panel and made a few adjustments so the autopilot would work correctly with a simpler panel. With the simpler panel, it flies great. Much better than the default 747. Only problem is, now none of the animations work. My front landing gear wheel is now permanently turned perpandicular to the aircraft, the ailerons, flaps, rudder, and elevator animations no longer work at all. I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this?Thanks,Jason

Guest Paragon

If it's just a question of the looks and flight dynamics...why didn't you just donwload one of the free models, I hear good things about Meljet?

Guest JLHARVEY1

I never had good luck with the freeware.. Always seem to be very unrealistic.. Although I have had payware that I haven't had luck with either. Unfortuneatly ever since 767 PIC, everything has been going procedural. Prior to that, all the payware add-on aircraft were just high quality, accurate performing (more accurate than MS Default anyways) aircraft that any desktop pilot could operate. Now all the new products you pretty much have to have commercial pilot's license to operate. And just because you can operate one, doesn't nessecarily mean you can operate another. I bought this because I loved the PMDG 737 (I did use a freeware panel for that without any side affects), and I always wanted a great flying 747 with lots of visual detail.

Guest aarskringspier

>I never had good luck with the freeware.. Always seem to be>very unrealistic.. Although I have had payware that I haven't>had luck with either. Unfortuneatly ever since 767 PIC,>everything has been going procedural. Prior to that, all the>payware add-on aircraft were just high quality, accurate>performing (more accurate than MS Default anyways) aircraft>that any desktop pilot could operate. Now all the new>products you pretty much have to have commercial pilot's>license to operate. And just because you can operate one,>doesn't nessecarily mean you can operate another. I bought>this because I loved the PMDG 737 (I did use a freeware panel>for that without any side affects), and I always wanted a>great flying 747 with lots of visual detail. I think the actual simplicity of it is actually its undoing for some people. Really its no different than the default; load a flight plan into the FMC click take off engage LNAV and VNAV and away you go. You can skip all the systems stuff if you want.Send me a PM Ill send you my entire PMDG flight plan folder so you can load flight plans into the FMC with one click and help you get going with it as is. I think youll find it rather enjoyable.

Sadly if you aren't interested in the advanced procedures at all, the market has less and less to offer you these days. The few companies that produce really simple systems modelling generally also offer sub-par external models and flight dynamics. A few companies are bucking this trend by offering good models with simple systems. I can't name them here obviously but suffice to say if you dig the Boeing 777 and want a simple one then keep your eyes peeled, one is on the way.And let us not forget our own PMDG has two very good Beech 1900 variants that are simple to operate and have brilliant models and flight dynamics.Finally I'd say that if you do actually WANT to learn the systems but feel intimidated, then fear not. You should definitely give the 744 a decent try. You will NOT regret it. All of us will be here to help you provided you read the manual and try the tutorials. Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest dt1951

Why not start with something you can cut your teeth with? The PMDG 737NG series is excellent for this. You will learn the basics of flight systems with that aircraft. It's pretty easy to fly, and set up. You unfortunately took on a bit much with the 744. It is a very complicated aircraft and requires a good understanding of aircraft systems and how they are inter-related thoughout the flight regimes. I do highly recommed that you get that series. What you will learn there will become a good foundation for what you need to fly the 744. No, not all systems found in the 744 are going to be in the 737. But, there is enough there to give you some experience, and the stepping blocks to work up to the 744. Put the 744 in the hanger for awhile and learn the 737. When you have mastered it, then you can work your way to the larger, more complex aircraft.

Gee I would certainly like those flight plans...RegardsRick