Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlinares

B744 2D side views

Hi Armen,Like I said in one of my other posts I belive there are two types of 'reality' - one for functionality where all the systems work as IRL and so on and one for the visual experience. The way it is now you get the first but not the second and like I also said earlier I'm not sure why it's that important what numbers the HDG display read for example since you don't change that anyway the same time you're using the side views. All things I do to the systems and instruments I do when looking straigh forward using the main panel.I guess what I personally like with the photorealistic type of views is that they increase the sence of actually beeing in a real cockpit but also they would help those with less powerful PCs.But then again, that's only my personal opinion and that's also why it would be great to be able to choose from two different models - you can choose the model that will show you the VC with 'alive' displays and instruments and we can choose the one that gives us the photorealistic views.

Richard Åsberg

Guest DC10Pilot

I would also like to see some photo real side views added to the product. It was a big disapointment when I heard PMDG did not include them. VC still shots just look to cartoonish to me. For the price of the product I feel they should have been included them as an option. Jason

I totally agree with you Jason. The fixed VC views available from the Avsim file library are no substitute for proper 2D rendered side views in my opinion, especially when considering the price for this addon. Im not bothered whether they are photorealistic or not, because from what I can see, the 2D panels arent exactly photorealistic either. Some nicely rendered 2D side views would be great though.Please can you consider this for a future update? It is really too much to ask? If the Level-D and Dreamfleet development teams can accomodate people like myself who are strict 2D only users, then why cant you?Regards,Lee.

You're right Lee, the 2D panels arent exactly photorealistic and if PMDG were to provide two models - one with no VC but photorealistic views and also a photorealistic panel and one the way it is right now with the VC that would be a dream come true and I'm sure their sales would boost from it as well.

Richard Åsberg

Guest Pro-Sim

The thing to add here is that what we would like here hasn't just been done by Dreamfleet and Level D - It's on the PMDG 737NG !On the PMDG 737NG they're not strictly photo-real but they are rendered versions of photo based images and you get them in the non-VC versions of the NG.....I guess that those of us wanting the 2D shots are saying to PMDG is "can we have on the 747 what we got on the 737NG?".Incidentally I am using the AVSIM 2D Side Views mentioned above, that were taken from the VC but as still shots and I have to say they do work well, and improve FPS (due to less exterior view being rendered on the screen).I'm really grateful to the author of these as I enjoy the 747 even more since installing them... but I would be happier if PMDG supplied 2D side views of the standards of the 737NG.Finally, exactly the same issue exists on the *** 777. They have not included them either, and again someone has kindly created custom versions and put them on AVSIM.There is a demand.Regards, David.