Sign in to follow this  
Bentree

Good airmenship.....

Hello dear PMDG,As a privat pilot i (and probably you all too) know the term "good airmenship".As a businessmen i also know the term "good businessmenship".I wanted to install the queen on a second PC so i purchased the queen for the second time.After payment i downloaded the puchase and tried to install.This wasn't possible.Writing an email to support@pmdg resulted in a automatic generated answer that as of 15 november web and mailserver is Out of Use.Therefore validation on install isn't possible.On the PMDG website and behind the Support tab it say's "server status normal"....so no problems at all......Isn't it good businessmenship to let purchasing customers know (before Purchase) and prominent on the website that currently there are some difficulties on installing the Queen and it isn't clear when the problems will be over?It is now Nov 24....so nine day's server problems occur apperantly...why is it that one has to find that out only after purchase and not before?I saw someone asking questions about the validation proces wich wasn't working for him too.He got the answer on this forum to contact support@pmdg.This is strange....because there is nobody there....and he also will receive a automatic generated email that validation isn't possible as of Nov 15.I am sorry but i find this a very strange way of giving support.A disappointed customer who paid and can do nothing with his product at the moment.I hope you will find a way of sorting this out and prevent more customers being disappointed.Kind regards,Ben van BoomThe Netherlands.

Ben,We were upgrading our server earlier in the month, and the status of the outage was posted both on the PMDG web site, and updates were posted regularly in the PMDG support forum (here).The server has been back on line for some time, and you should be able to validate without any problems.If you need to contact support, please do so, and we will assist you as quickly as possible. Please be aware that it is a national holiday in the United States on November 24 (Thanksgiving), so PMDG support may be slightly delayed until the end of the weekend. We are sorry for any inconvenience.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hi Vin,Thanks for your reaction.I am NOT able to validate so the system still doesn't work.Support only generates a automatic answer saying that the email and webservers are out of use due to technical problems as from Nov 15 !!I strongly appreciate your reaction but it won't take away my complain.Hopefully someone else can.Kind regards,Ben

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hi Vin,>>Thanks for your reaction.>>I am NOT able to validate so the system still doesn't work.>>Support only generates a automatic answer saying that the>email and webservers are out of use due to technical problems>as from Nov 15 !!>>I strongly appreciate your reaction but it won't take away my>complain.>>Hopefully someone else can.>>Kind regards,>BenBen. Having delt with PMDG for somw time now I can assure you they are very good to do business with.I notice some have a problem by not entering their (the users) email address at the top of the download dialog box, yours truly included.That along with your invoice # should do it.Pretty straight forward after that.Where you already installed once I may be all wet, if so I appoligise.

Hi BenI have experienced some authentication problems when the 744 was launched, but I must support PMDG when they say that they will help you. Every time I contacted support they responded within an hour of the complaint. So if you are having problems with authentication, please make sure that you enter your correct e-mail address as well as the order number.Kind RegardsJohan Viljoen

Hello guy's,Thanks for your comments.PMDG seems a professionel and decent company that is NOT what i am affraid off.But after purchase i still can not install the product.It is not that i can't wait for a few day's (ofcourse i can) but the purchase and my first remark about my problem was 4-5 day's ago.Support asked me just one question until now.....about what i filled in into the installer and that's it......no solution....no further contact.....yet.Very disappointing.........I don't even know if they are working on my problem right now and what's the status.Kind regards,Ben

Bump !Another two day's have gone by....still no solution yet.Purchased an paid a week ago......but no show.....Waiting until somebody solves the validation problem.Hopefully support doesn't forget this guy....Regards,Ben

Ben-Sometimes before being critical of others, it's best to check one's own nest for droppings.I've answered email to you four times in the past two days.I recommend you check your filters and/or filter settings.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Robert,This "covering fire" is not fair.....not expected from a man of your rank....pretty disappointing.Things can go wrong, even at PMDG (like with my version of the queen last week) do your best to solve them but keep up in good businessmenship.Nothing wrong with my email, receiving lots every day without delay.Actually i have never had any complain ever about not being able to receive any mail. It is actually your support server sending messages that as of Nov 15 it is out of use.......You are not talking to a 15 year old screeming for attention here....Yes i have critics but kept it clear, honest and not below the belt.Anyway....Fact is i am downloading a new install right now, due to your personel action of today. Thanks for that.Pretty confident that the new version you sent me will work out.I will keep you informed.Regards,Ben

Robert,Download completed, validation works fine now.Problem solved and thanks for your efforts.Regards,Ben.