Sign in to follow this  
Guest Groundgripper

Lost Boeing-PMDG in 747-400

Guest Groundgripper

Help!!I have just purchased PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies (i hour ago!) It all downloaded and set up fine, and I had a quick flight in the default PMDG bird - very impressive. But then I downladed a BA and a Virgin livery, installed that and now I can't see Boeing-PMDG in the create-a-flight drop down?Apologies if this has been asked before somewhere in the 718 pages of threads.RegardsPaul

Guest thscholz

Paul,it looks like the aircraft.cfg is missing or corrupted.Have a look into the PMDG 747-400 aircraft folder if the file aircraft.cfg is still there.CheersThomas

Guest Groundgripper

ThomasIt appears to be there, along with a BACKUP_OF_aircraft.cfgPaul

Guest thscholz

O.K. Paul,then I would suggest that you rename that aircraft.cfg to aircraft.cfg.bak (or something like that) and then rename BACKUP_OF_aircraft.cfg to aircraft.cfg just to see if that's the cause.CheersThomas

Guest Groundgripper

Tried that but it did not work. I could try to rerun the PMDG .exe ile to reinstall but I would like the new liveries and that will just get me back to where I was before I downloaded them. If this hasn't affected others I must have done something wrong!RegardsPaul

Guest thscholz

Paul,that's odd. Usually it's the aircraft.cfg that causes that effect.Maybe you could attach your aircraft.cfg in your post so I can have a look at it.In the worst case the reinstall should do the trick (after uninstalling first).CheersThomas

Guest Groundgripper

Here it is...model=RRpanel=sound=RRtexture=BA2kb_checklists=PMDG747-400_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=G-BNLZatc_airline=Speedbirdatc_flight_number=744ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=747-400 RR RB211 Enginesui_variation=British Airways "Change for Good"description=Boeing 747-400 with RB211 engines v 1.0nPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nFor use with BOEING 747 by PMDG nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=1[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]max_number_of_stations=50station_load.0=900, -95.55, 0.36, 0.00, First Deckstation_load.1=4680, -97.85, 0.89, 8.00, Upper Deckstation_load.2=4140, -97.85, -0.47, 0.00, Busn Deckstation_load.3=39420, -98.00, -0.18, 0.00, Econ Deckstation_load.4=73500, -97.11, -0.20, -8.00, Cargo Deck[fltsim.]title=747-400 Virgin Atlanticsim=B747-400model=GEpanel=sound=Texture=VSkb_checklists=PMDG747-400_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=G-VROCatc_airline=Virginatc_flight_number=744ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=747-400 GE-CF6 Enginesui_variation=Virgin Atlanticdescription=Boeing 747-400 with GE-CF6 engines v 1.0nPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nFor use with BOEING 747 by PMDG nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=1

Guest thscholz

Paul,I hope that this isn't the whole aircraft.cfg.;-) Pasting the contents into the thread isn't a good idea as it will get messed up.It's better to include the file as an attachment.CheersThomas

Guest Groundgripper

Let me try again, this time as an attachment (txt file OK?)

Guest thscholz

Paul,if that really is your aircraft.cfg, then it's unusable.I would say that there is no need to reinstall. You only need a correct aircraft.cfg.I would send you mine, but at this moment I'm...err...well, not at home.;-) In around two hours I could send you the correct file.CheersThomas

Guest Groundgripper

ThomasThanks for all your help. I will await the new file!Best regardsPaul

Guest thscholz

Paul,check your email.CheersThomas

Gents-you CANNOT be sharing aircraft.cfg files - there's licensing information in there that will ABSOLUTELY not work on other people's PCs. In fact, it might even trigger false alarms about your copy being a pirate one.First, try uninstalling/reinstalling to see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, contact our support@precisionmanuals.com email, for further assistance.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest jgreth123

Left, good thing you said something, was about to post mine up there, then I noticed the section of the aircraft.cfg you were talking about :)Good to know! ;)

Guest thscholz

>Gents->>you CANNOT be sharing aircraft.cfg files - there's licensing>information in there that will ABSOLUTELY not work on other>people's PCs. In fact, it might even trigger false alarms>about your copy being a pirate one.>Oops! Sorry about that, Lefteris. I didn't know that.:-roll I promise I'll keep that in mind.Edit: BTW, I don't want to tell you how to implement things, but IMHO the aircraft.cfg isn't the best place to put that kind of information, as this file is edited during each installation of a livery.GreetingsThomas