Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

VOR Pointers

Where are you located, there? How can I reproduce?This picture shows something wrong, but it's not giving enough information for me to fix.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest A32X

Hi,I'm just to the west of EGLL Heathrow (Default Scenery)LONDON/LON 113.6 and LAMBOURNE/LAM were automatically tuned.I then manually tuned LON with a course of 093 on both VORs.The left VOR is the one showing false information.Paul

Guest A32X

Finally Lefteris, are the TO/FROM indicators missing by design in VOR mode?Regards,Paul

I am trying to reproduce now, but to answer your question - the TO/FROM indicator is the triangle showing inside the course needle.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest A32X

Also (looking at those shots) in the centered VOR/Approach modes the track line is missing. Finally should distance marks be displayed in such modes?Paul

Already spotted this little issue...Seems like there is some kind of interference with DME update sometimes...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Paul-I removed the distance marks from the VOR/APP centered modes. The track line is showing, as per the manual. I also enabled the FROM/TO indicator. I could not reproduce your discrepancy with the LONdon VOR, so there's not much I can help with on that one ;-).Thanks,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

This brings an interesting question.Should we ever see "VOR R LON" in the upper right corner?. Isn't this corner (including the CRS/DME area) always reserved for the "L" station. I can't get my 744 Aerosim to ever display "VOR R" in the upper right corner no matter what I do - if I manually or auto tune the right station. Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Michael J-the VOR R is for the First Officer side. It seems your Aerosim is displaying Captain-side data, as its ADIRU might be tuned to the left side only (or some such - I forget what drives it).

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg