Sign in to follow this  
Guest Groundcrew

737NG VOR Autotuning

Guest Groundcrew

Dear All,I'm having a thick day, can someone please explain to me how to get the NAV radios to autotune during an FMC controlled flight? I've looked in the books and stuff and can't find it. But I could just have crap in my eyes again.....Another small thing, I was flying EGKK to EHAM last night and the SID and cruise portions went as normal, I was flying VFR as it was an FMC programmed flight, the STAR section proceded OK but I was waiting for EHAM atis come into range to get the active runway to programme the arrival, the STAR had overun and a manual setup and landing was needed. Is there anyway to get the active landing runway earlier?Thankshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgSemper en excretum, solo profundum variat!

Guest Hawkeyeted

Correct, the 737NG does not autotune the VORs (assuming you mean similarly to the Queen...)

Does FS2Crew do any VOR autotuning - that is does it recognise the FS9 plan or data from the FMC legs for NAVAID receivers?Not that the PNF might do it real world... I'm not sure.

Does the 'real world' 737NG have auto-tuning VOR's?If so, that would be a nice update for the sim.

>Does the 'real world' 737NG have auto-tuning VOR's?>>If so, that would be a nice update for the sim.>> No the rl one does not...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest Moviedirector20

Wait how does it know what radial you are on if you push the POS button on the EFIS? Does it just take the INS position, take the position of the VOR in the DB and assume?

Andras et al,The NG has, I think, six nav radio recievers of which the crew can manipulate two, NAV1 and NAV2. The NG has autotuning but it is never seen or interupted by the crew, except for some obscure page in the CDU, which by the way isn't modelled by PMDG.Hope it helps,