Sign in to follow this  
Guest gmcallis

Windows XP x64

Guest gmcallis

Big problem here.For some reason I can longer load PMDG 737 600/77/800/800, but I can the standard FS aircraft and PMDG Queen of the Skies which leads me to believe I have somehow corrupted the 737 files.Re-installing the PMDG 737 800/900 download update didn't cure the problem and attempting to install the package from start with the CD version of 737 600/700 with Windows XP x64 results with the installation hanging trying to install the required fonts into c:/windows/fontsThere must be a way around the problem, possibly an x64 setting, as some months ago I successfully installed the package, but I have no idea how??Any ideas appreciatedGraham McAllister

Guest gmcallis

Just read a post by another user having difficulties installing with x64 and he advised it was a permission problem with not being logged in as an Administrator.I'm logged in with permissions as an Administrator. I've also re-installed FS9 into a folder c:Flight Simulator 9 in case it's a permissions problem with the Program Files x64 folder.Still the same error...."Skipping File: c:windowsfontslucon.ttf"CheersGraham McAllister

It has been several months for me, but I do not recall any issues installing into x64 for me. If the font is the only issue you can always see if it is there and reinstall if needed. If I understand correctly lucon.ttf will show as Lucida Console /(True Type).Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Guest gmcallis

Thanks JoeI tried deleting the fonts, to no avail.I've emailed PMDG and will post their response for the interest of others here.Graham McAllister

Guest gmcallis

For those interested I did resolve the issue.I needed to be logged in as THE administrator as opposed to myself with Administrator rights.Tho I'm still trying to work out the difference I'm back in the "sky" with the PMDG products.CheersGraham McAllister

>I'm logged in as an Administrator. I've also>re-installed FS9 into a folder c:FS9 >> ""Still the same error...."Skipping File:>c:windowsfontslucon.ttf""" eventually after giving it plenty of time, cancelling out, get the not responding message>I now have this problem on my new machine with XP X64 OS installedI have tried all suggestions I have found both on this forum and in PMDGFAQ'sUsed the latest winzip version as well.Any help would be very much appreciated as I love this aircraft.Trevg

Trevor Golding