Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonduck1

Auto throttle problem

Guest vonduck1

Just a quick one..........After i reinstalled the 744 and 737, when i use my CH Quad and the autothrottle button on the panel, i seem to have a conflict somewhere.Prior to the reinstall, i would accelerate by pushing the throttles forward (as you do) then after engaging the Auto throttle using MCP speed i would bring the throttle sback to idle and let the auto throttle do its job. Now though, when i pull the throttles back to idle the engines lose power and it looks like the auto throttle is fighting with them to bring the speed abck up. It never gets past 41% N1 for some reason.Hopefully thats not to incomprehensible! Any ideas? I do have the registered version of FSUIPC 3.505 (maybe thats the problem? Should i go back to 3.50???)CheersDoug

I'm not at my home PC right now but if I recall correctly I THINK there's an option in the PMDG menu within FS to set A/T to overide throttle inputs. Let the A/T override any manual inputs and you should be fine.Also I would imagine the more realistic procedure would be to advance the throttles to the full power position and leave them there with A/T contolling thrust. Why did you pull them back to idle out of curiosity?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest vonduck1

You know.....i'm not really sure come to think of it. I think i saw it on one of the airplane DVD's i have where jsut before landing the AP and AT were turned off once past minimums. That seemed to allow quicker access to the reverse thrust although i suppose when you turn off the AT the throttles should be bought back to idle anyway for touchdown eh!Thanks for the question, i think i'll re evaluate some other poor flying habits i have!Cheers! :)Doug