Sign in to follow this  
Marinjohn

egll 05 runway error

can any one help,when i try to plan a flight from egll to wherever i get an error message on the fmc "egll error 05 runway unknown" and when i go to egll dep its blank ie no runways displayed????

Please make sure your using the latest version of EGLL from the navdata site and the latest airac and then there shouldnt be any problems.Simon Butler

Guest simoni

Runway 05 at Heathrow is closed - has been for a while. Its now Taxiway Alpha27l/R and 09L/Rare the only active runways now.Simon

Collie,For your information mate, RWY 23/05 is no longer an active RWY at LHR. It has now become part of taxiway Alpha. However, according to the NOTAMS, it is closed until the 31st December 2005.Regards,Lee.

I'm really sorry to say that the PMDG 0512 navadata removes this function as I have mentioned in a previous http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...6&mesg_id=93386 post.Deleting RW 05/23 in the rw info is said to remedy this fault.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

If using my latest sidstar file from the navdata site, it does not contain either the old rwy 05 or 23. Therefore any errors thrown up causing loss of sidstars means your file needs updating.Its not an error that 05 and 23 arent in the latest cycle, its just mirroring the real world.Simon Butler

Hi Chris,Thanks for the confirmation mate, much appreciated. I am assuming from your commentsthat it will not even be used as a taxiway in the future then?Regards.Lee.

Lee,Well as you can see from the chart from AIS the taxiway alpha still runs round part of the old 23, i imagine this will remain, but the ends will almost certainly be redisigned at some point.Eventually when BAA redevelope Terminal 1/2 Alpha will be dug up and moved (a satellite pier will stand on the old bravo around the section of ALPHA now, and a complete new taxiway will be constructed to A380 dimensions.Chris