Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

erratic speed tape

Hi all in the forum.a search for this topic revealed nil so i am asking here please.Yesterday evening I was completing an online flight which ended at EGSS. a rather uneventfull flight until i was descending, making for about 3000ft to intercept the localiser. I had slowed down to bout 180knts and had second or third level of flaps on.(have done this loads of times without incident) The speed tape suddenly started to become erratic, going from 180 knts to min30 knts and back again, the engine sounds did not alter and neither did the plane show any signs of distress, so guessing only the tape was wrong and not any plane system. I am guessing that I hit some cloud ice, and I put on the wing and nacelle ice system to no avail, as would be expected as I dont think these systems were iced up or the plane wold have shown signs. So this leaves the pitot tube to become iced up or partially iced up, so my question is, how do you switch on just the pitot tube de-ice as I cannot find this or do not know if it exists., and for the sake of completion, the plane landed as well as it always does with the only limitation is of my skill.Thanks in advance of any repliesJohn Calleja BAW352edit. when flying with Vatsim it injects the current weather and that is the only weather system on at the time of my flightedit2. PMDG 747-400 RR RB211 engines

• Upvote 1

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi ThomasThanks for the information, that thread explains it all. Another mystery solvedregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg