Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

A normal FMC result or needing the update?

Guest thscholz

Maybe a dumb question:Did you press the EXEC button? Are both paths represented with a solid line or is one solid and the other dashed?CheersThomas

Guest cliffie1931

Tomas that's kind of you to try and help. 1.Yes I did Execute.2. Perhaps the best way to illustrate the problem is to show you a picture of my screen showing the track on the enlarged Nav Display. (It looks a bit like a piece of spaghetti.......and is all in purple)Consequently I hit "Print Screen" and saved the picture as jpeg on a WORD page.I've tried to attach the picture to this note by hitting the link reading "Click here to choose your attachments". I can locate the file but after that when I try to upload it I get the message that it can't be done.I've tried "jepg", "gif image" and "zip compressed file" and none were sucessful.Any advice on how to get that image to you?Regards,Cliff

Guest thscholz

Cliff,I guess that the screenshot was too big.On the file upload screen you'll see that '(maximum size allowed = 150 KBytes)'.Try to resize it to 800x600.CheersThomas

Guest cliffie1931

Can that resizing be done with a WORD document Thomas?Cheers too.!

Guest thscholz

>Can that resizing be done with a WORD document Thomas?>No. WORD is the worst choice for that.You need a image editing program like 'Paint Shop Pro', 'Photoshop' or 'Imaging' (which comes with Windows).You could also search for 'IrfanView' through Google. IrfanView is a great freeware tool.CheersThomas

Guest cliffie1931

Okay. Leave it with me and I'll do it one way or another.Cheers................

Guest Buck Bolduc

Another good program IMHO is Fraps. You can save both video and screen shots at a res of your choice. You can designate/create a folder to save your video and screenshots. You canalso assign whatever Key's you wish to record either or.

Guest cliffie1931

Okay Thomas, here we go. The picture should be attached to this note and should illustrate that not only is there a path to the runway just ahead but it also curves in what was the original track circling out to sea and arrives from the opposite direction.Regards,Cliff

Guest alexhn

Try downloading another set of SID/STARs for LA maybe

Guest cliffie1931

I would think that my data base is pretty current as the FMC is loaded with AIRAC-0511.I'm interested to see whether the problem exits after downloading the update shortly available.Cliff

Guest thscholz

I don't think that a new cycle will change anything, as the ND is supposed to show only the legs currently active in the FMC.Cliff, to be honest I have no clue what could be wrong.BASET is still the next waypoint and judging by the screenshot you've got an emergency.;-) Did you try to reproduce this behaviour?And maybe screenshots of all current legs pages in the FMC would help.And maybe someone from the PMDG team could comment on this one.CheersThomas

Cliff,That's a real mess you got there. Not only on the ND! ;-)How did you enter the original STAR and RWY? DO you have the original flightplan handy and can post it here? It seems like a procedural error but I would like to test it myself. Though I will test it with the 1.1 version.Hope it helps,

Guest cliffie1931

I'd appreciate your help Mats.Please leave it with me till I've been able to download the update. After that I'll create the flight from scratch again and see if the problem still exits.If it does then it must surely be my method of entering the information into the FMC.If so I'll give you all the information you ask for as well as the exact steps I took to programme the flight Plan and it's runway change.Regards,Cliff