Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

ground-mode in flight due to hydraulics

Guest AJ

Lately, I have been practicing emergency procedures on the

Guest hangar744

"Lately, I have been practicing emergency procedures on the

"The abnormal procedures section states that a failure of either the #1 or #4 hydraulics systems can result in the in-flight activation of

Guest hangar744

A few years ago I got involved in illustrating 744 parts and assemblies. Here is an image of mine showing this lock mechanism that prevents T/R deployment. A very simple, yet effective latch hidden in the lever itself. This smart design replaces the old fashioned -100, -200, -300 interlock mechanism weighing (probably) hundreds of kilograms...cams, pulleys quadrants and cables routed throughout the a/c for each T/R translating sleeve.That's true...this latch and the little lip on the on reverse thrust link can wear, allowing enough play so the bellcrank can trigger the switch even when the forward thrust lever is out of idle. We regularly check those spots. This is just one of the tricks. There is more complex logic added to assure that the T/R's operate only when they supposed to.It's my first attempt to attach an image...hope it will get through.regards,delcom

wow.. impressive.Thanks, DelcomCheers.Q> イアン。P.S. There was a guy on the PPRuNe forum looking for dimensions for 744 thrust levers... RUN whilst you still have the chance to escape him! :(