Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

PMDG 747-400 Version 1.10 Update is available...

Hey Jim!You still up at KHYA?Was on the cape visiting some family over the holiday and I was thinking to swing by and look you up for old-times-sake, but I couldn't remember what outfit you work for. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I too have the same problem now with the ADF needle ,it is approximately 30 degrees incorrect.Was fine before update.Any ideas? regards Jim

Guest Dreamstar

Hi all!First of all thx PMDG for this so awaited update!!!Everything works well a part of the "sound tweaker slider" that seems not to work! I changed the slider on quite,middle and normal but everytimes nothing changes in the volumes i can hear :(:(:(Any ideas about it?thx a lot again,Cristiano

Captains-I have just made live the Queen of the Skies Universal Updater in the PMDG Downloads area....This file is available under SERVICE UPDATES and is slightly larger than 30MB. The updater will install over the top of any installed (legal) version of the PMDG 747-400 and bring you up to the most current Version 1.10!****NOTE: If you purchased your PMDG 747-400 on/after 29NOV, you do not need this update, as you already own Version 1.10!!!!***The final list of updates and additions for this new version is included below. Please note that we have not updated the manuals to include some of the new logic yet- as this is a rather time intensive process.... It's on my list of thigns to do- but that list is quite long at the moment. :-)I'll update a few chapters at a time, along with some tutorial updates that are being prepped for you to use.Enjoy- this is a pretty substantial update and we think it will make an already great airplane even better!CHANGES FOR VERSION UPDATES 1.1:=================================NEW BEHAVIORS/LOGIC ADDED FOR THIS VERSION:1) Added animated winglets that can be hidden from view via the PMDG Options menu in order to allow users to simulate the visual appearance of the 747-400D. 2) CON IGNITION ON advisory message not displaying on upper EICAS: FIXED3) STBY IGNITION ON advisory message not displaying on upper EICAS: FIXED4) Hardware Compatibility with Aerosoft MCP747 LED lights added (requires pending dll from Aerosoft Australia)5) Hardware Compatibility with Aerosoft MCP747 EICAS Panel added (requires pending dll from Aerosoft Australia)6) Updated PFD MCP code to allow F/D preferencing by side.7) Master Caution

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Sorry captain, but I have to report that I too am having problems with the new update. I have an AMD 3700+, win xp, 1 gig ram, 128mb video card and have never had problems with anything except maybe the occasional stutter. In fact, I ran PMDG 747-400 with interim update along with Active Sky, Enviro and anti virus + firewall with no problems. After the update I've been trying to take off Salt Lake City and usually fs9 freezes usually when I hit the mountains. I deleted and reinstalled the base 747-400 with the new update and also used end-it-all 2 to close all other programs. I did not use Active sky, antivirus, firewall or Enviro and did not program anything into FMC. I only tried to take off VFR and fly but couldn't even make it to the runway before the freeze. Unfortunately, there's something not quite right with this update. I will be reinstalling and going back to base and interim until the problem is worked out. I'll be looking forward to your additional work.Ed

SJED

Is it possible to put the old interim update back on the service updates page for those of us that cannot fly update 1.10?Ed

SJED

Guest Captain chocho

After a few flights with the new v1.10 it's now time to make a first little review !What works well :- The new winglets feature- The improved F/D logic- The improved TO/GA switch logic- The refined sounds- The VNAV mode- The new CMD button logic (now works like in the real airplane)- The AUTOLAND (softer landings than before)- The FMC (now it's getting very close to the real thing !)-> One of the things that would be great is the implementation of the WINDS section of the LEGS page... Yes there is still some work to be done...What still needs some work :-The "CON IGNITION ON" and "STBY IGNITION ON" Messages are displayed as CAUTION messages in AMBER and not as MEMO messages in WHITE. (It may not be a real mistake if it's an airline specific feature but of MY airline, these messages are displayed as MEMO messages...)-There is a MAJOR problem with BOTH ADF receivers since there is a 30

Guest Dreamstar

I see no answer to my message so i guess i am the only one with this problem ?!?I'll try now reinstalling the update hoping that this will fix also my prob.C ya allCristiano

-The "CON IGNITION ON" and "STBY IGNITION ON" Messages are displayed as CAUTION messages in AMBER and not as MEMO messages in WHITE. (It may not be a real mistake if it's an airline specific feature but of MY airline, these messages are displayed as MEMO messages...)-There is a MAJOR problem with BOTH ADF receivers since there is a 30

Guest alek87

Good day.After installing the 1.10 update, I appeared to encounter following problem:when I open zoom panel (either Captain's view or F/O view), the frame rate drops from my usual 29-30 down to 8-10. It does not depend on weather or scenario outside - I tested it in different conditions.I have good and steady FPS with all other 2D panels and in VC. And I neved had any FPS drops with zoom panel before installing the 1.10 update.I completely reinstalled the Queen from initial package, then installed the 1.10 update over it without installing the interim update - it does not help. I think, I have the latest version of 1.10 update since my "con. ignition" message is white, but not amber.My PMDG settings: LCD displays, flightplan clipping off, conformal digits off, airports "bigger" than 6000 feet, FS2004 built-in TCAS, display FPS both in 2D and VC is set to 15 (I did not change it, it was there by "default").My system: P4 3GHz, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9600 with 256 MB VRAM.I wonder if anyone else has similar problem and I will be obliged for comments frpm PMDG team.Best regards,Alexey Yegorov

Guest FabHETRU

Hello !A *GREAT* plane indeed !!!... Just a couples of pbs I have since 1.1: 1

Guest Steve6104

what about the 747-400D that JAL uses for short an mediem flights are they in the new 1.1 update?

I am sorry to see some people having CTDs. I just did a full flight on Thursday and no problems at all after upgrading to 1.10. The only thing was understanding why the autothrottle did not engage etc... but after reading the postings here, I understand the reason was procedural and will try it next week.By the way, I have a question for Randy or other PMDG team members: Will you be implementing a feature for being able to import existing FS2004 flight plans into the FMC? Not really a big deal but a time-save if one does not have too much time to punch in each waypoint. I personally got used to doing this in the 737NG and the PSS 772LR and I do have the time, but for those who are busier, on tight schedules, with families etc... it will probably be appreciated.John AgbabaASUS A7N8XE-DLX, revision 1.01AMD ATHLON XP 3200+KINGSTON 1024MB 333 MHz. DDR SDRAM (because above board unstable with anything else!)ATI RADEON X850 PRO 256 MB retail video card

Guest bigun

Fabrice,You are getting your aircraft mixed up:-wave The 747 TOGA is engage with the screw to on top left corner of panel. It's another 777 product that is engaged with a right click of the AT.