Sign in to follow this  
Mats_J

trouble with the new update

Marc,It sounds like you would be helped by a uninstall of the complete 744 and then install your base 744 followed by the newly released 744 SU1.Sometimes the installers mess things up.Hope it helps,

Guest UPS009

I need help also. I just did a clean install of the 747 and the patch and I still get a error. I select the 747 in the menu, it loads up and just when the gauges are about to load, I get a black screen in FS2004 and the error message pops up. The ModName: Unknown. Any ideas on what is going on.

Guest neilb

I had this problem. Did as above and it was cured.Luckily for me.

Same here. I downloaded the patch on the 28th before it was pulled. When I ran it, it wasn't able to patch so I uninstalled the entire package. Note that I had the Interim_UpdateV1R2 installed initially. I did a clean install then applied the new patch today. Still crashes.

Guest Marc Harrington

Interesting. I'll look into it.Sorry about the inconvenience.Sincerely,

Guest UPS009

No luck. When i install the original 747 file, all is fine. After I run the update and load the plane, I see the panel fine and the gauges are about to load up when I hear the click like a toggle switch and the black screen pops up with the error message. Dan Moore

Guest b747classicproject

hi everybodywhat could i be doing wrongi just downloaded the new update, installed it, no problems at all, but as soon as i choose a 747-400 from the pmdg menu, FS9.1 exits with following messageAppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: pmdg_747400_main.gauModVer: 1.1.0.0 Offset: 0018ec6awhat can i do, to change this?thanks a lotMarc MullerLuxembourg

Gents-Okay- lets review a few trouble shooting techniques that will help us to help you....First- quick review:-> The wonderful thing about software is that if it doesn't work- it doesn't work UNIVERSALLY. That means that when you run into a problem that appears on a few machines, but not ALL machines- it is generally an indication of a conflict that is triggered by "something common to those machines."-> Our job when you guys report something like this is to determine if it is a universal problem, or a localized problem.-> Once we know if it's universal or local, we need to find ways to reproduce the failure on test machines. -> If we are able to reproduce the problem, it is generally easy to recommend a workaround- or to institute a fix, depending upon what the problem is.In 99.5% (and i'm being generous here) of the cases where we see something like what you guys are reporting- it's not a problem with the software itself- it is a problem on the local machine. We've been doing this for a number of years now- and it is VERY easy to spot a software problem vs. a "localized user/machine" problem.The problem is that user/local machine problems are NOT easy to solve because we don't know the state of your machine.So- how can you help us to help you in this situation?First: Delete your FS9.cfg. Then remove the 400 using the ADD/REMOVE program in Windows. Then go to FS9/MODULES and delete PMDGOptions.dll. Then delete any saved flight that you might be loading that involves the 400.THEN RUN FS TO ENSURE IT LOADS AND YOU ARE NOT ACCIDENTALLY TRYING TO LOAD THE 400 FROM A SAVED FLIGHT. (If you are- make that stop....)Then reinstall the 400 again.....If you still have a problem, we need a bunch of information from you.... Things like what addons you have installed.... what your default flight is... what scenery you have installed. I know people don't like it when we say this- but people tend to clutter their FS installations with all manner of "stuff" and this has been known to cause problems. We had a really odd series of reports not long after the 400 released that took us almost 90 days to determine that the users all had a freeware tool installed that was HORRIBLY written and created all kinds of problems.... So don't assume that your "stuff" is harmless. Everything you have installed is suspect....I'd be interested to have a few of you redownload the entire airplane and install the whole kit from the installer. (Warning: I'm giving you a placebo in order to see if you are taking your real meds....) In order for the installer to have problems you would have to have all kinds of account/priviledge issues on your machine- and most of them would be reported to you by the installer....As such- I am thinking that we'll be looking for a conflict between the 400 and something external- so you'll have to help us find the culprit....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName:>pmdg_747400_main.gau>ModVer: 1.1.0.0 Offset: 0018ec6a>I am getting the same as Marc except the offset is different.AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: pmdg_747400_main.gauModVer: 1.1.0.0 Offset: 00012b2cNow to reinstall provided I can get a validation. Last time I had to I was told I was only getting the one I asked for. ;(

Guest Boaz

Could it be that people are loading a saved panel state from before the update?Would like to know if that is possible, or if I should start making new ones.Boaz...

>Could it be that people are loading a saved panel state from>before the update?>>Would like to know if that is possible, or if I should start>making new ones.>>Boaz...There shouldn't be a problem loading old panel saves but I know it's possible for FS's defaults for loading the plane to get messed up somwhow - here's what I'd recommend doing:1. Clear out any 747 related save files in My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files and Flight Simulator 9PMDG747400PanelState folders as well as the MS Previous Flight files. (you can just move them all to a temp folder)2. Delete your FS9.cfg and let FS rebuild a new one.If the plane works after that, then try replacing the flight files (not the Previous flight one though). If not, flush those files again, uninstall the plane, and then reinstall it clean.I've solved crash problems this way in the past with various complex aircraft panels that basically got into a corrupted loading situation.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest UPS009

Just to give you a quick rundown, I did a clean install with the full setup which includes the servic pack. I followed all the instructions as stated above. Same thing is happening. The panel will load and if I access the menu quick enough, I can select cold and dark cockpit and the plane loads fine. As soon as I hit the battery switch for the ND/PFD to turn on, I get the black screen with error message which says unknown. I will provide more info later when I get home from work.Just some quick system info:AMD 3700+ATI X800XT Cat 5.7Windows XP SP21g Corsair PC3200Asus A8V DeluxeFS2004 With FS9.1 PatchSimflyers Scenery Fly Tampa SceneryDreamfleet 727PSS 777/ and Airbus CollectionLevel-D 767This is basicly a clean install system that runs FS2004 only. I have no other programs running on this box since I have several computers on my network.

Guest UPS009

I'm back from work and I just tried different video drivers and still have the same issue. What info do you need from me so we can fix my problem. ThanksDan Moore

remove the fs9.cfg file and start the game again and see if that fixes it