Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

PMDG Hardware related subject

Guest gremel

I have been a desktop pilot for over 8 years and have flown most of all of the software sim's including PS1.3a, PMDG 737NG's, PIC767 and the Level D 767. All all superb in their systems but the biggest glitch in all of the above software is the LACK of a good YOKE & THROTTLE arrangement. I had 2 hours on the real 737 NG-700 flight simulator and I can also tell you that I trained on the PMDG 737NG software which is outstanding and it was a breeze knowing all about the systems and the aircraft in general from the manual, tutorials & lots of time. The biggest disappointment however is that nobody has developed or marketed a YOKE & RUDDER set-up that is AFFORDABLE with a reasonable real-feel for what it's really like to hand fly the approach/landings & takeoffs.Are there any real pilot's out here that can comment on a halfway decent yoke & rudder system that doesn't break the bank or do I have to purchase the PFC type's? Just asking because flying the real simulator is a 'whole lot different' than a cheap CH yoke & rudder arrangement. Not even close to the real forces involved...It seems ashame that the industry is so far advanced on the software systems and graphics of these highly sophisticated aircraft and have not come up with....as I mentioned before...a medium priced halfway decent 'Yoke & Rudder' combined with a decent Throttle set with TOGA, trim & autopilot disconnects where they should be located. If anybody knows of a system that fulfills all of these criteria, please respond.Regards to all,noullet