Sign in to follow this  

Rudder way too sensitive! Please help!

Hi My problem is that my joystick is too sensitive in FS2002. I have a MS Siddewindeer Precision 2. The rudder in particular is so sensitive that I cannot keep the centerline on takeoff wiht any plane. I apply a little rudder and the plane turns like crazy.The sensitivity level in FS is set at minimum. (FS2002 Pro)Any help is appreciated.Take careMike

Rudder pedals??? I personally hate twist grips or rocker switches, as I always found them much too sensitive. My pedals seem just about right & provide an accurate feel of what the takeoff & climb should be like. In the meantime, I think I'd go "auto-coordinated" until getting some pedals.L.Adamson

Yeah, I would love rudder pedals but I'll have to wait until I can get the money together for that. I am stuck with a twist grip for now.Take careMike

Hi, Mike. Your problem is very common. There are some things you can try.1- Use FSUIPC and extend your maximum counts, and your Null zone in the .ini file, from +-16000 to 20000 and about 1000 Null.2-Use CTFJ, better way, and flaten the zone around Zero.3-Modify your Aircraft.cfg this area:cruise_lift_scalar=1.0parasite_drag_scalar=1.0induced_drag_scalar=1.0elevator_effectiveness=0.8aileron_effectiveness=0.8rudder_effectiveness=0.3 <<<<<<<<<

Hi TVI'm going to sound stupid now!! :-shy1. I have downloaded FSUPIC and all I got was a dll file, what do I do with that. I have no idea how to use FSUPIC.EDIT: I just looked at the Modules Directory and there is a file called FSUPIC.ini I opened it and the only thing that had to do with joysticks is these 2 lines at the end:[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=02. I have no idea what it is. I would love to know.3. If nothing else works, I'll have to do that but I'll save it for last becasue it means altering many aircraft that I have.4. Right now it's the Precison-Sim design A320 but I have this problem with all the planes default and add-on.5. Huh? I have no clue who they areI'm sorry for my ignorance but I am fairly new to FS and I am clueless when it comes to most things about FS :-lolIf you don't mind, can you explain in more detail number 1 and 2. Point me to a tutorial, web-site anything. I really have to sort this out.ThanksMike

Hi,AS it has been mentioned here, FSUIPC and CTFJ will solve your problem, but there is a way from within FS. By default, FS2002 handles sensitivities (at least for some controllers) in a wrong way: the sliders, instead of varying the sensitivity, they introduce a delay in the response. This means that if you set the sensitivivy to a minimum, what actually happens is that your control will respond later to your inputs, but it will give the same steering angle than before, and this makes it even more complicated to control.I'm not at my computer at home, but I'm sure someone will be able to guide you to the correct procedure. I has something to do with adding a line somewhere to the fs2002.cfg, reading something like STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=1 (or was it a zero?).If you want to use FSUIPC (even if you correct your sensitivity by the procedure above, it is worth installing it, as it has quite a few interesting functions), there is a nice documentation pdf at www.schiratti.com/dowsonPaco

Thanks PacoI installed FSUPIC but what now? The only line that has anything to do with joysticks is:{JoystickCalibration}FlapsSetControl=0Can you please tell me where I can get CTFJI appreciate your help.Mike

Paco, you were right about the sensitivity thing. I went to the sensitivities in FS menu and put it at full. Now I can hold the cnterline perfectly. You were right abou the delay, until now I could not hold the line because there was a delay between the time I used the rudder and the time it turne, I just never realized it. It is still a little sensitive but I'ts definitely much much better. Now I'll check out FSUPIC to see if I can make it even better.ThanksMike

Hi,In order to get the joysticks controlled by FSUIPC, in FS go to the menu modules>fsuipc. There are several tabs, I believe the last one in the one for the joysticks. There are too many adjustments you can do there to explain them here, but the pdf's describe it in detail. CTFJ, if I'm not wrong, can be found at www.stickworks.comPaco

Thanks Paco. I'll do that with FSUPIC. CTFJ does not make a difference and I expected that because they had a warning on the website that with WIN98SE and Newer games it will not make a difference.Thanks a lot for your help.Mike

Hi, Mike. Sorry about not giving you more info. I did not know that you were unfamiliar with the FS2K2.For 2K2 I use FSUIPC, for Fly! I use CTFJ. If you execute/select your joystick in FSUIPC the lines below will be added, or you can add them by hand. Note: Replace <> with brackets. I use FSUIPC and in Options /Sensitivity to max, Null about 20% and adjust all my aircraft. I found that if I use the STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 in the .cfg file, some aircraft will not respond properly.FlapsSetControl=0Aileron=-18383,-712,712,18384Throttle=-16193,16192Rudder=-20000,-1493,1493,20000Rudder=0,60Elevator=0,40Aileron=0,50Let me know if you need more info. TV

Thanks TV. No need to apologise. I'll go ahead and do that FSUPIC thing now.One more thing.For the line:Rudder=-20000,-1493,1493,20000All those numbers make me confused, which one is for sensitivity and which one is for null zone.Is it sensitivity, null zone to the left, null zone, sensitivity to the right? It's just a guess.Take careMike

Aha! That did it for me TV. I did not know about the Modules in the FS menu. I changed the numbers like you suggested and it works excellent now. Thatks for your help.Mike

Thanks Paco. I did not know about the Fs modules menu, you and TV both told me about it and I changed the numbers and it works nicely.Tahnka for your help.Mike

Hi, Mike. I just got in, a nice day for flying, so I spent most of the day playing bird. I am glad you have something working. You may have to play with the numbers, for other aircraft, and the numbers 20000 are the outer limits the 1400 are the null zone. Which means that there is no action taken in the Null Zone. The 20000 is the maximum limits, normally around 16000. If you extend it to 20000 you get a slower response, a diluted value so to speak..If and when you get tired of not being able to do a slow flight, horn on, and other issues, with the C172 let me know. I have an .air file that comes close the real thing response, i.e. roll rate, Stall, Slow flight etc. Good luck. TV