Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidkim

How to simulate "NO FLARE" during autoland?

Guest davidkim

At the moment, I am trying to simulate two failures on my PMDG 747 aircraft system. First I wonder if I could simulate "NO FLARE" or "NO ROLLOUT" during LAND2 or LAND3 autoland. I know how to fail autopilots but failing those autopilots did not result in the failures that I intended. And also can somebody tell me the difference between 'fail-passive' and 'fail-operational'? I thought LAND2 is fail-operational so tried to make a manual rudder input but the aircraft rejected my input. What does fail-operational mean exactly in the context of autoland? Secondly, can you tell me how I can simulate asymmetric movement of flaps? I mean.. different extraction of left and right flaps? If I remember correctly, somewhere in the manual it is stated that the flaps display on the EICAS is different when there's an error or failure in the flaps movement. Do you know? Best RegardsDavid Kim

Guest neeraj.pendse

You are way ahead of me on this one! I have been thinking about failures, but haven't yet tried any. I would like to know as well. - Neeraj.