Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Navdata problem after 744 patch...

FMC has no Navdata after the patch for the 744. This is even effecting my 737NG install. I downloaded and installed the latest Navdata set (even though the older version's files still populated the PMDGSIDSTARS directory)...On the 'INDENT' page 'NAV Data' displays "Installation Required N.A'.I don't know what else to install... :-(Other than this the update seems to have solved all major issues I was having. Thanks for the update... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dillon-The update doesn't touch navdata or sidstars, as we didn't want to over-write new or custom data that folks might have installed....You mind giving me some feedback on what version you had installed before you ran the update? (V1.0 patched using the Interim Update? Or did you purchase the V1.02 and not need to do any patching?)Am I to understand that you don't have any navdata working now? If you updated your navdata using their installer- you shouldn't have any problems at all- so that worries me for you a bit...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert for the reply...First off I had the latest version of the 737NG installed as well as the first build of the 744 installed with the 'Interim patch'. Everything was working concerning the FMC up until I installed the latest 744 update tonight. I thought it might be a problem with the NavData so I intalled the latest version per the instructions that stated place all files in the in the FS9PMDGSidStars folder. That still didn't solve the problem... :-(Where's the configuration entry that tells the FMC where to look for the data??? I could change and/or update that myself...

FS2020 

Not really any help to you, but I also have the latest 737NG version and the first 747 with the interim patch. Installing the 1.1 patch went without a hitch and I flew KSEA-KSFO using the FMC and the latest navdata database.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Dillon-Sounds to me like you might have some things confused.....NAVDATA:========Download the installer from www.navdata.atRun the installer- and let it install the files for you.The files should be in FS9/FMCWP/NavDataSIDSTARS:=========Download the latest file from www.planepath.comThese files go in the FS9/PMDG/SIDSTARS folder.I think that will solve your problem. :-)

Robert I went ahead and uninstalled the 744 and reinstalled it (then applied the latest patch no 'Interim patch' needed). Problems are solved, the 744's FMC sees the Navdata now...Now I have to do the same the the 737NG as the problem still persist with that aircraft. Something must have gotten scrabbled somewhere, no big deal... :-) Thanks for the help guys...

FS2020 

Hey Robert I've tried uninstalling and installing both packages (737-600/900 NG series and the 744) multiple times only to find one add-on can access the 'NavData' information. Basically either the 744 will work or the 737NG's FMC will work, never both of them. The 744 will work if the 737NG is not installed but if the NG is present the 744 will be unable to access the Navdata information. They both can't exist together in FS9 and have working FMC's. It either is one or the other. I sure hope I'm not the only one seeing this... :-hang

FS2020 

Guest Robosonic

I have the same problem with the FMC once I apply the update 1.10 to the pmdg 747-400 I loose the sid and Stars. Trying to put them into the fmc rte1 I get a program error msg display on the fmc. I have re-install the sid & Stars works fine until i reload the aircraft and I loose them again.

Anybody else having issues with either the 744 or the 737NG series FMC after installing this latest update??? :-hmmm

FS2020 

Gents-The process that accesses the navdata information is common to both airplanes, so the problem you are describing more-or-less convinces me that you have adjusted something manually/accidentally that is creating a problem.For starters, read my post earlier in this thread. SID/STAR information and NAVDATA are two different items entirely. It is hard to help you when i cannot tell which data you are referring to.Secondly- if you do not install the airplanes in the correct order- you will have problems...737-600/700737-800/900747-400I took a look here and found no problems, so i'm not sure what you are seeing.

>Secondly- if you do not install the airplanes in the correct>order- you will have problems...>>737-600/700>737-800/900>747-400>>I took a look here and found no problems, so i'm not sure what>you are seeing.>Ouch !! Do you mean that if I reinstall the 737 I then have to uninstall and reinstall the 747 ? I really hope I have misunderstood you :-bang

Robert it's the 'NavData' that's the issue. Put it like this, whatever data that shuts the FMC down to a point it's unusable. I would imagine the lack of partial 'SidStar' would only affect certain airports not showing up but no 'NAVDATA' shuts the FMC totally down.I will say that after a couple of reinstalls (1. 737-600/700, 2. 737-800/900, 3. 744) I was finally able to got the FMC working in both packages. I just feel it's a problem that should be looked at if you guys at PMDG ever run across it... :-) Bill your right, I hope we both are misunderstanding Robert here...

FS2020