Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Problem with heading select (also before the patch)

I tried searching this and the other forum but couldn't find any discussion regarding it.My problem is that sometimes when I dial in a heading and press Heading select the airplane wont turn to the heading - it just continues straight forward as if I had pressed Heading Hold instead. I am sure that I haven't pressed Heading Hold by mistake as I've verified pressing the correct button as well as using the key assignment for the Heading select AP function. I've experienced this before and after the patch. Last time yesterday and the only way for me to get to the desired VOR (unless I flew manually) was to enter it into my flightplan and commanded a Direct To in the FMC.Before the patch I also experienced that I couldn't turn of Flight Level Change no matter what I did. I tried switching to VS and to VNAV. I disconnected AT and FD but to no avail. Disconnecting the AP or course put me in manual mode, but connecting the AP again made FL CH come alive again. This has happened only once so I'm not too concerned about it, but that Heading select issue seems to be returning.I realize I have to give you a more complete description of the hows and whats but I'm not too sure what information you find useful! :)Nevertheless, I enjoy the 747 tremendously. Neither it or any other add-on in my hangar (Level D, Flight 1 ATR, 727 and then some) has manage to replace the PMDG 737 as my favorite airliner, but it's close! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest dt1951

When you select Heading are you pressing the "HOLD" button? If so the aircraft is doing as it should, holding the current heading, not the one you dialed in.

Dan,thanks for trying to help but as I wrote:"I am sure that I haven't pressed Heading Hold by mistake as I've verified pressing the correct button as well as using the key assignment for the Heading select AP function" :)Thing is, it usually works correctly.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Krister,And the FMA roll channel says what?Hope it helps,