Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terblanche

Holding Altitude Problem

Guest Terblanche

I've downloaded and installed the UPDATE ... but a problem that I previously had, still persists:The FMC is well programmed, everything goes as planned but you set the altitude for example to 12 000 and press the ALT knob but it climbs right through 12 000 and ATC yells in your ears to get back to 12k then finally you are at 12 000 and you are cleared for FL280 and then you climb until about FL240 and then you start to descend for no apparent reason - you disable the VNAV and with a great struggle you manually climb to FL240 and finally to FL350.Why is this happening?I know about burning off fuel if you are heavy and to step climb but in the last scenario she was loaded with only 45% fuel.Any suggestions would help to make it more enjoyable.Regards from Cape TownTerblanche

Guest Terblanche

I could be wrong but it seems ASV related ... just did a short flight without REAL WEATHER and all was perfect and then again with ASV from EDDH to EDDM and again I struggled to maintain flight level and climb with serious drop in airspeed.Any help ...?RegardsTerblanche

unfortunately this one is out of the hands of PMDG and is in the domain of the ASV developers.The symptoms you discuss occur across a range of aircraft (many more than PMDG models) with ASV running. On my machine I have given up using ASV completely to avoid the issue..take careJane-Rachel

- Jane Whittaker

Guest Carel

I also uploaded the update and also experienced the struggle to getaltitude, I also use ASV and maybe related but dit not have this problem before.More, to avoid a upcoming stall I lowered altitude to gain speedand after about ten minutes I got a message that the airplane was overstressed or something like that and I crashed.ASV and FSPassengers active.Still trying to dig myself out of a frozen landscape.Regards.Carel.