Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

Some Questions (edited to remove attention getters)

Guest Raptor

hi allI'm flying the Queen since it was released..althought I have some questionsQ1:In COM panel, there are AILERON and RUDDER. When shall I use 'em? are they move automatically?Q2:In crosswind Takeoff, How to keep the plain in the center? is it by rudder in com panel? or how?Q3:In the FMC,Takeoff REF Page, there isWIND/SLOPEH00/U0.0-HOW TO INSERT VALUES OUT THERE? AND WHAT WILL IT CAUSE?-is it helps to keep the pain in the center of runway during takeoff?Q4:How to tell the FMC that I'm going to land in a wet runway? (not takeoff)and thank you very muchRaptor

Guest Robin.B

1. They're to trim your Rudder I believe. You shouldn't need to use them unless you have hard crosswinds on landing/takeoff.2. Use the rudder

Guest hlm65

Hi,Q1: these are the aileron and rudder trim commands. You won't use them, unless you have an asymmetry (such as a dead engine on one side) to keep the plane straight and level without the need of constant yoke and pedal inputs.Usual callout during cockpit preparation checklist is "aileron and rudder trim: ZERO".Q2: use aileron to keep the wings level and rudder (not trim)to keep the airplane on rwy centerlineQ3:the wind can be inserted by typing the H(eadwind) or T(ailwind) component for the runway used for takeoff (i.e.: H10). The U(p) or D(own) slope of the runway can be entered in the same way, if you know from charts this information. The FMC should take into account wind and slope information to adjust the calculated takeoff perfromance (see manual page 12-41)Q4:not availableHope this helps

Guest Raptor

thank you mr Robin and thank you very much mr hlm65 ... could you just explain these:-in your Q2 .. did you mean those in COM Panel ?-in your Q3 .. did you mean to get winds from PROG (Page two) and then enterwind values in WIND/SLOPE (if tail enter T and so on) ?,,, what if I found the X/wind = R/25 KTthat means I should turn rudder (in COM) to the right a bit .............. is it wrong?but how can I know the amount of turning ... 25KT R == 5 Rudder R ? ???? ?are there any schedule or something tell me that?the last thing is all runways' slope in flightsimulator equals ZERO.... sothere is no need to change it :) :) :)reply me plzzzbyebye

"Raptor"The forum guidelines here make it specifically clear that you must sign your name to posts. We routinely remove threads where the post has not signed their name in compliance with the forum policies....Final Warning.To answer your question:Aileron/Rudder trim are only used to neutralize yaw/roll moments that result from the loss of an engine. You will use them to "get the controls balanced" so that you do not have to hold pressure on the controls to keep the airplane flying in a balanced fashion.You'd never use them for crosswind landings....unless you wanted to make a challenging situation even more challenging for yourself.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest hlm65

in Q2 I mean that you must use your yoke (aileron) and pedals (rudder): never touch those aileron/rudder trim switches near the COM panel unless you have an asymmetry (emergency) condition.in Q3 I mean that you get the wind from the ATIS or your wx briefing (example: ATIS gives 04010KT and your dep rwy is the 36, you'll get about 7 knots headwind).Put this value in the RWY WIND and the FMC will calculate your performance for takeoff.Forget the X/wind in the PROG page (for takeoff calculation to be put in the FMC; mind the X/wind when taking-off and landing beacuse every airplane as a x/wind demonstrated maximum value) and forget those aileron/rudder trim switches near the COM panel !Yes, all FS rwys are zero slope, but if you puit that number (extracted from charts) in the FMC it will give that bit of greater realism that PMDG is giving us with every product !!!Regards.

Yes,I would like an answer to question number 4 too please?It's something I have never been able to correct on all my FMC's.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave et al,The answer to #4 is that it is not implemented either in the FMC or FS. Hope it helps,

Guest Raptor

Hi,Captain rsrandazzo ... I will sign my name...:)your answer gives me a benefit .... thanks........ look at thinshttp://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/...e%20Landing.mpg:) :) pro-pro-professional pilot :)Captain hlm65thank you very very much.....Now I got it.G7USLas captians said it is not modeled Mats SAS526thanksRaptor