Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

Keyboard commands for panel switching don't work anymor...

Guest SilverCoast

Hello everybody,after installing the 747-400, my keyboard commands for panel switching don't work anymore. I can enter commands for the 747 and they work correctly, but if I use the 737, the commands I entered are gone after closing the menu.Did anyone experienced the same problem?Thx Tobias

Dear Tobias-the 747-400 has a different set of Keyboard Commands than the 737. This means you need to define them (again) for the 737.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

The cargo doors and upper deck doors are controlled by the electrics Ground Bus. As such, they work only when certain conditions exist on the ground.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,a tricky question, but what may be the reason for buttons stopping to respond to their key assignments? The specific button I'm referring to (although I suppose it's not important) is the nd mode increase/decrease which I have mapped to ctrl+shift+F11 and shift+tab+F11. Initially it worked but then in the middle of a flight it stopped. The other assigments work properly, eg ND Range increase/decrease.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi Krister-I've never observed this happening on my end. Can you see if you can faithfully duplicate / reproduce, and let me know how?

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest SilverCoast

Thank you for your response!I tried to define them, but after closing the menu the changes I made weren't taken over. As an example I wanted "Shift+2" for the overhead panel, but if I press this combination the thrust panel comes up (I set the key command for the thrust panel to "Shift+4". When I open the menu again, the other changes I made are gone and the default key combinations are shown.I had the same problem with the 747, but after new installation of the Queen and the update to 1.10 it works now. So I thought it might be a problem caused by the Interim Update, I had installed before. But even after installing both planes in the proper order again, only the changes made for the 747 are accepted but not for the 737.No idea what else to do, to get the problem solved.Tobias

Hi Tobias-please delete the file named 737Kbd.ini from your PMDG folder and try again. I just did another test and it worked fine.Best,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest SilverCoast

Hi Lefteris,thx for your help! The commands I have entered remain in the menu after closing, now. But if I want to use them, there is no reaction. Except one combination which I haven't entered and which doesn't show up in the menu, forces the thrust panel to pop up. The 747 works excellent. Maybe it is a problem with my local machine, because nobody else has reported about it yet.If you have any clue what else I can try, I would be happy. But if not, I think I can live with it.Nevertheless I'm very satisfied with the 737-600 and the 747-400 and especially with your great support!Regards,Tobias

Tobias-do you have the 800-900 or only the 600-700?(I admit, I haven't tested with JUST the older software - I had assumed you also own the 8/900).

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest SilverCoast

Hi,I only have the 600-700, Version 1.3Tobias

Hi Tobias-you're really missing out on some very cool features with the 737 800-900. Too many to list here, but let's just say a whole new panel operation, TCAS, etc. etc.I am not going to force this down your throat, if you don't want to get it, so at some point, I'll test to see what happens with the 6-700 ONLY installed, and the 747 on top.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,regarding my problem with ND mode function not responding to key mapping, I think I have found the culprit and as usual it's user/setup dependent.The key assignment for controlling the ND mode function involved the key F11. I just tried entering the same assignment again, but noticed I got no response when pressing F11 on my keyboard.I had TrackIR active at the same time and the software uses certain keys for controlling the functions (eg F12 is assigned to centering TrackIr). While F11 isnt' actually used by TrackIR, I tried closing TrackIR and then assigning the ND mode function again using F11. This time it worked so it seems like using TrackIR disables (at least) the button F11 for use within MSFS and thereby inhibits the key assignments.So referring to my earlier thread where I described my problem, I probably started up the sim, noticed the ND mode assignment working, then started TrackIR which caused the ND mode to stop working, which I only noticed much later. So now I simply don't use F11 when making assignments, but it wasn't that obvious before why. I don't know if every other TrackIR has the same problem, but it soled my issues.So, user related problem as most of the time! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------