Sign in to follow this  
Guest b747classicproject

Question regarding autopilot operation of the Queen

Guest b747classicproject

hello every bodyi would like to know, if the operation of the autopilot CMD switches in the sim is an exact copy of the real world function. I always thought, that whenever pressed to activate the resp. CMD switch, you could only disengage the autopilot via the disengage bar, or the ap disengage button on the yoke? in the simulator here, i can also disengage the autopilot via the CMD switch again.also, should the flaps retraction speed markers in the PFD speed tape not always remain where they are? if i select flaps 20 the bug for flaps 20 dissappears, instead the one for flaps 10 arises.what do you think about this?keep up this good work pmdgsincerely yoursMarc MullerLuxembourg

Guest Robin.B

Do you have Service Update 1?

Marc,Don't worry. This is all as the real thing. The DISENGAGE bar will cut the power to servos/AP so it is considered an emergency cut-off if you like. The soft diosconnect can be done from the CMD buttons or from the buttons on the yokes.Next flap speed setting should be visible on the speed tape just as you describe. Maybe this is a company option if you have other experience?Hope it helps,