Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Problem found with cruise phase crashing.

PMDG team,Ok, I just witnessed what happened to cause my 744 to crash. To preface, FS9 did not crash, just the plane itself crashed while at altitude (FL350). I had LNAV and VNAV engaged with CRZ thrust mode set. All weights where within normal parameters. I had a steady tailwind of 60kts and OAT of -25C. At 1hr, 26min into the flight, I watched as the engines spooled up to 102.3% (limit indicated at 102.7%) and the aircraft went past the speed set on the PFD and continued into the overspeed area. I let it go to see what would happen and if the plane would correct itself. At Mach .92, the plane broke up. Bear in mind, I did not touch anything on the MCP or in the FMC. The plane did this on its own while in VNAV and LNAV mode. The only thing I did was minimize FS9 to look some stuff up on the internet..thats it. I had done this before during this flight and came back and no problem so I think this is not the cause. Something I think went haywire in the VNAV. This has now happened 3 straight times.

Eric 

Anyone from PMDG like to comment on this?

Eric 

Maybe give them more then an hour and twenty mintues to reply.........

It is not related to the wx of ASV. Like I said, I watched the winds and they DID NOT change. The air temp DID NOT change. This occurred on 3 seperate flights with ASV running and none were related to any wx problems of ASV. This was on the same routing twice and a different routing once. The plane for no reason just began accelerating into the overspeed zone.

Eric 

Guest stevehow

Hiive had this same problem for ages with Default aircraft.all boeings do it.i also run ASV and it seems to happen with weather changes.as soon as wind picks up,Autospeed seems to overcompensate..but won't return to normal.switching on/off AP cures problem .but might take 2 or 3 times.also have PMDG747-400. hope this helps steve

Steve thanks but if you had read what I posted above..its not the wx. I wish PMDG would comment on this. I have sent them an email about it to the tech support address and still have not heard back. I am beginning to think I am on some black list somewhere.

Eric