Sign in to follow this  
Guest kame

Strange FMC message in Version 1.10

Guest kame

For the flight from Tokyo to New York (RJAA-KJFK), I have loaded Tri-class 2/3 Pax and Max Fuel (ZFW: 516,728lbs, Fuel: 358,272) with PMDG 747-400 Load Manager; however, FMC MESSAGE "INSUFFICIENT FUEL" has appeared.Cap'n Tarmack has flown RJAA-KJFK with 326,100 pounds of fuel on the PRECISION SIMULATOR 744 VERSION 1.3 "The Inaugural Flight".Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

On the extreme condition: Tri-class 1/3 Pax and Max Fuel (ZFW: 454,108lbs, Fuel: 382,336lbs), "INSUFFUCIENT FUEL" hasn't appeared.It seems that something wrong within 1.10 patch, I hope it will be corrected as soon as possible.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

>For the flight from Tokyo to New York (RJAA-KJFK), I have>loaded Tri-class 2/3 Pax and Max Fuel (ZFW: 516,728lbs, Fuel:>358,272) with PMDG 747-400 Load Manager; however, FMC MESSAGE>"INSUFFICIENT FUEL" has appeared.>>Cap'n Tarmack has flown RJAA-KJFK with 326,100 pounds of fuel>on the PRECISION SIMULATOR 744 VERSION 1.3 "The Inaugural>Flight".>>Sincerely,>>Kan-ichiro Fushihara>From what i experienced on my test flight last night, i would say you will get that message as soon as the calculation of the estimated fuel at destination (PROG/VNAV page) drops below the reserves amount defined in PERF.Best RegardsThomas

Guest kame

Thank you for your kind reply,>you will get that message as soon as the calculation of >the estimated fuel at destination (PROG/VNAV page) drops >below the reserves amount defined in PERF.I have get the message after input CO ROUTE, CRZ ALT, ZFW, RESERVES and COST INDEX at last.However, the message hadn't appeared on the previous version 1.02 with the same conditions.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Skedflyer

Check the amount of fuel is estimated in the PERF page at your DEST. If it is below the amount you have inputted for your reserve than you will get that message. You could be putting in too high of an amount for your reserve or not enough fuel for the trip.

Guest kame

Dear Dennis,Thank you for your kind instructions.I logically understand. In this case, at the start, if KJFK FUEL on the VNAV CRZ page is smaller than RESERVES on the PERF page, I will get this message.Only, it seems that the fuel consumption on the 1.10 is a little greater than on the 1.02. Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara