Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

VERY MINOR tweaks for those who are interested......

Captains-One of the things that makes us absolutely crazy is realizing we dropped the ball on something incredibly obvious and/or inconsequential that makes our airplane look less than perfect....We saw a couple of things that we goofed up on- so I have just replaced the sales full-version download AND the Universal Updater on the server effective 0400Z/02DEC05....THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO DOWNLOAD THEM- YOU DON'T NEED THEM.(unless- like us, you tend to obsess about minor details to that it impacts your daily living.... ;-) )The items we updated are:-> Ignition messages changed to MEMOs rather than ADVISORIES. (duh)-> The right side engines on the GE and RR models had inverted fan animation... (duh)-> We found an instance were the FMC might make a Fly-by waypoint out of a Fly-Over waypoint. (duh)-> We left something in a menu that is part of a future update that we don't want you to see...has something to do with servers...and we won't comment on it. :-) (duh)-> A really silly error on the ADF needles.... (duh)Okay- so you admit that, like us, you tend to be obsessive compulsive, and you find that your life simply has no meaning unless you also get these little tweaks.... How do you go about it?Easy!If you already installed the Universal Updater- just download it again and run it. It'll tell you that it is already installed- but if you click "Yes I want to run it again" you'll be all set. If you just purchased the full version, redownload it and run the isntaller.... Select "repair" when the menu pops up- and you'll be all set.None of this has any effect on anything other than what I listed- and the version numbers all remain the same, etc etc etc...Just a little gift from your obsessive compulsive development team.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks captain.I will download it right away. But don't think my life hasn't a meaning because of those little issues. :( ;)

Guest fox450

Obsessive Compulsive????? --- ah, so that what it is... maybe I need to see a doctor? Oh, I remember, i was already diagnosed with that.;)Absolutely great service support guys..! that alone is worth 50 bucks!Anthony

That was fast :-) Robert, thank you. Yes, I am obsessive compulsive, no doubt!However, I think the ADF needles are not minor details because although the 744 is able to perform all kind of approaches notably RNAV approaches, it is fun sometime to perform 2 NDB approaches (like in Russia or Africa)...And without those needles, well, pretty dangerous.Regards,

Guest Boaz

I think u "owe" us some info on that future update thing ;)No I actually wanna get the surprise :-)Boaz...

Thanks alot Robert for that very fast update to fix these minor things!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Matze2912

Thanks Robert!I had one small anomaly yesterday during my preflight checks.. When I enter a fixed .Mach number on VNAV CRZ Page the FMC decreases that number by one. For example when I enter .860 it changes to .859, so I had to enter .861 to get .860... Can anywhone confirm that little bug??Best regards,Matthias

Guest lespindo

>Thanks Robert!>>I had one small anomaly yesterday during my preflight checks..>When I enter a fixed .Mach number on VNAV CRZ Page the FMC>decreases that number by one. For example when I enter .860 it>changes to .859, so I had to enter .861 to get .860... Can>anywhone confirm that little bug??>>Best regards,>MatthiasI have the same little problem!!!!!! Luis Espindola

>I had one small anomaly yesterday during my preflight checks..>When I enter a fixed .Mach number on VNAV CRZ Page the FMC>decreases that number by one. For example when I enter .860 it>changes to .859, so I had to enter .861 to get .860... Can>anywhone confirm that little bug??I've heard of that with almost every plane out there with an FMC. Happens in my LDS too and I'm not sure why. Never bothered me much as I just bump the speed up by .001.

Guest mwampler

This is the kind of "above and beyond" support that makes PMDG the best FS software developer in the business. :-)Many thanks for the obsessiveness. :-beerchug

Guest andyman

>-> We left something in a menu that is part of a future update>that we don't want you to see...has something to do with>servers...and we won't comment on it. :-) (duh)That makes me feel special... and better than everyone else.... check my siggy(you might need to refresh it a few times[F5])

Guest kw2p

Hi,Question: The service update page has the Universal Update to Version 1.10 dated - 11/28/2005. Am i correct in assuming this is the latest version you mention above? I don't want to download 30MB too many times. :) Kenny Williamson.

Kenny-I didnt change the date in the download system...good catch. ;-)If you download it again- you'll notice the file date is 01DEC.RSR

Arnaud-I think you are confusing my "minor" reference....The problem that caused the ADF needles to err was minor. Not the needles themselves....