Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Spot view panning rate / pack sounds

Hi,After applying the patch for the 747 I had some trouble with my interior sounds which were all gone. I then did a total reinstall of the 747 by first removing it via Add/Remove programs and I also deleted all the old situation flights etc manually. Ater that my interior sounds were back but it also led to another great thing - all of a sudden the rate and smoothness when panning around using the hat on the yoke in spot view was back again from having been very "unsmooth" longer than I can remember. It's hard to describe what I mean, but when I say the panning in spot view is smooth I mean than if a for instance press the hat to the left and then let go of the button, the panning won't stop at the very same moment but continue to pan for a split second or so and then eventually come to a complete stop after a while in a very smooth and nice way.But...now I'm back to the "unsmooth" panning again :-( and what I did was to load the cold & dark situation file for the 747 provided by PMDG. Does anyone know where I can find a setting controlling this panrate/smoothness in spot view? Had a look in fs9.cfg and find something called panrate there with a value of 750 but that value was the same before so it can't be that one.And...the reason I tried loading the 'cold & dark' situation file provided by PMDG was that when I was in what I thought was a cold and dark config I still heard something was on when sitting in the cockpit and I then noticed after loading the PMDG cold & dark file that the difference was the switches for the packs - they were all 'OFF' in PMDG's file which made the cockpit 100% silent and my question now is...would turning any of the three pack switches on produce any sound IRL as well even though the a/c has no power and no nothing?Forgive me for this a bit incoherent post but couldn't find any other good way to describe it.

Richard Åsberg

Richard,First your panning problem. There is a setting in the menu Views|View Options. Choose the Spot plane radio button and you chould have a check box for Gradual Transition. Check this box for your 'smooth' panning.Be aware that this setting is saved with the flight so you would like to start your default flight, set the option and save the flight as default again.And with the packs I think you have found another one of those annoying glitches. I might be wrong though but hardly think the packs will operate on a dead ship.Hope it helps,

Hi Mats,About the panning, thanks alot - that did the trick :-)And about the packs...maybe PMDG will add it to their 'annoying glitches' to fix list then.All the best,

Richard Åsberg