Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

747-1.1 four small questions...

All right Alex,But please note that the fuel calcultation is also wrong wihtout any route in the FMC.Regards,

Hi to All!Hi Alex,I made your flight. Same result: exactly when the FMC switches to "END OF ROUTE" the CALCULATED value changes to a smaller one and the message appears "FUEL DIFFERENCE - PROG 2".(didn't manage to send a picture, try again...)

Hi Alex,I'm sorry but I dont quite understand your last post: are you meaning that this had been found to be a bug, or does that affect only few of us? I've been reading the whole CTD thread (serious one) so I just wanted to make sure we are not only few fellows to have this problem.Regards,

Guest Just747-400

Dear Arnaud,Even

Alex, :-) Thank you so much...Actually, you know what? Been doing a short flight again this morningto check the LNAV mode: I had errors with LNAV modes, but upon landing I didnt get the FUEL DISAGREE: the CALCULATED displayed only the ./. symbol as I assume it should.Anyway, again thank you Alex.Regards,

* cough *Sorry to bring this back again (!)I completed two short flights again today, and while looking at the FUEL DISAGREE situation carefully, it somehow became clear to methat it must be link with the new/fixed RESERVES feature that is included in 1.10.Basically, it seemed to me that the fuel difference between TOTALIZER and CALCULATED was very closely linked to the amount of RESERVE fuel input in the PERF page. Something is happening when landed as if the FMC retrieved the RESERVE amount set in the PERF page to the TOTALIZER amount, thus creating a DISAGREE on PROG 2.I also encountered a display error I had up to now never witnessed:the TOTALIZER data on PROG2 was simply not displaying at all., and there was no way to get it back untill the return flight I made afterward.

Guest Just747-400

Dear Arnaud,No need to be sorry, obviously something is wrong in there. As I said, this info is noted, any more details regarding this issue will make debugging much easier.

Hello Alex,I get this message after every flight, with and without flightplans, with different values even taking different Fuel Reserves and Cost Indexes. Started first with the PMDG flight situation Cold and Dark.I installed the 747 again according to that what Rob wrote ("If you experience a CTD..... Read this......."). Versions:V1R1, date 03.08. Bytes 58.931.443V1R2, date 13.08. Bytes 24.122.386Universal Update, date 01.12. Bytes 31.544.509Using only 2D panel, changed to kgs, set the fuel first with the Load Manager, corrected with PMDG/Options/Fuel.If you are interested in further details, ask me.

Ryan and Alex-We do appreciate your help here. actually, I come back to report because I had enough time today to complete a full long haul flight,first one since SU1.Took off from Manchester and headed to New York City-La Guardia airport (wanted to try a landing on 22R, short one;-) , and for the pleasure to land facing Manhattan)...Appart from the VERY bad surprise to find out a few nautical from therehold that the scenery ILS was screwed (due to a bad add-on AFCAD most likely, will replace it ASAP), and that I was about to land beside the runway, everything during the flight went absolutely perfect and fabulous -despite some CAT over the Atlantic Ocean.No overspeed, trustfull LNAV, VNAV, everyhting.The fuel prediction (I read at top of climp on PROG1 fuel over destination 16.4T at 19.20Z, and arrived with 15.t at 19.33Z: not too abd for a 6 and half hours flight I'd say)Now, why am I boring you with all this here?.......I didnt get the FUEL DISAGREE message.Upon shut down, the CALCULATED only displayed ./.. No error.Which makes me think that the problem is very inconsistent after all.It happens all the time on very short flights, and on longer flights it doesnt. Wanted to report that.Regards,

Guest Just747-400

Thanks,As I suspected, something is triggering all this, initially did not have that issue. After I got involved with your problem I had that msg on and off without any particular reason.For the last day did not happen at all .