Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

No VOR needles

Hi,With the (PMDG) B737NG I get both VOR needles. Unfortunately loading the 737 first didn

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest theonlyamrad

Hello Gentlemen,For Chris: unfortunately I've tried using your suggestion several times already using both the NG and the Cessna - both with "hot swaps", and with cold and dark(and in the case of the Cessna, with Avionics on and off), and with restarts of FS9. She's still acting up. Thanks for the advice though.For Lefteris, just made the changes you suggested - and after an initial look there's still no change. Now understand the reason for seeing 108.00 in NAV1 in the FSNAV window. I saved a cold and dark scenario using the Queens herself. and after restarting FS9 from scratch, had needles for some VOR's on a flight from WMKK to LIRF. But on approaching Rome, the needles vanished, and couldn't get them back for any of the local VOR's. That was with VOR's manually tuned and with leaving them on auto-tune. Even after starting FS9 again and using the same cold and dark file - the nearest VOR at WMKK (116.10) wouldn't bring up the needles. It seems whatever the problem is , even the cold and dark setup won't solve it for me? This is really driving me nuts! - I've tried everything I can think of and I'm out of ideas.just on a non-related item - could someone else confirm that the "minimums" call is now only activated when rad alt mins are set - and not when baro mins are used. just noticed on the last flight and was wondering.Patrick.

Patrick-(you have to choose which method of information exchange you prefer - forum posts are fine, but you sent us emails to support@ and Paul is asking me as well, so I will pick this place to respond, instead of writing in stereo).The VOR needles code has not changed at all since the original release. Even back then, people were reporting problems with it, which eventually were found to be caused by other applications/add-ons which would force-localize your PC to non-US standards. With one particular scenario, users were reporting FSInn causing the problem (as soon as they'd go online, their VOR needles would disappear). With another, people were reporting RealityXP modules/gauges causing the problem.As you can understand, we cannot own / test every addon software that exists out there, even though we try hard. As such, I cannot verify that it's those particular addons that cause the problem in your case.If, however, you do own them, please try to test what happens if you remove them. If the problem is solved, well, we know what caused it ;-).Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest theonlyamrad

Hi Lefteris,Thanks for the reply. After another couple of hours testing, I think I've finally nailed the "trigger", at least on my set-up. Both of RealityXP's gauges seem to be the conflicting element(and not the reality dll's). What really puzzles me now is that I've used RealityXP right since the Queen was released with no problems, Including on a new system for the last 2 weeks. the problem only started after the update. I know that RealityXP is really only simulated radar - but it does help give an edge to realism. Do you know if anyone who previously had the problem found a workaround?Just for everyone elses info - the following non-FS9 dll's are present and by removal/reinsertion seem to cause no problems(at least on THIS setup): ActiveCamera2004.dll Aerocore.dll---------Flight Keeper FSFKCore.dll----------" " FSNav.dll Autosave.dll cfo_tfxinfo.dll------Palm Spotter for Ultimate Traffic FSUIPC(v.50) REALITY.dll----------Reality XP RXPFLS.dll-------------" " WideServer.dllPatrick

Per,Do you have RealityXP gauges installed?I have been searching for the reasons why some of us have this problem but so far I found nothing!BestEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Paul,Do you have RealityXP gauges installed?I have been trying looking for the reasons why some of us have this problem but so far I found nothing!BestEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Hi EdmundoI guess you're asking me? If so, no I don't have any RXP gauges installed. And I have done quite some testing on this furthermore, but for me all VOR needles and DME show up when supposed to, I cannot replicate this issue on my system. I have also checked several times now in and around the EGLL area, with and without SB3, and it worked ok for me. The only thing I noticed was that one VOR disappeared for a very short moment when I connected to Vatsim, but that was 1 sec max befor it reappeared. Just as a note about SB3, I don't have the sb3gaugebridge.dll on my system, maybe that's because I haven't installed the latest version 3.0.4, I have 3.0.3.Lefteris, if you see this post, I have one question in regards to navradio's and FMC:I know that in the NG the FMC gets its navdata from the airac files, while the nav radios (including dme's, course deviation indicator) reads from the FS bgl's. I've saw one post from Matts J where he commented that this logic may have changed in the 747, Can you enlighten us on this? May be worth to know how bgl's/afcad affect these things in the 747 too.

Hi Per,Thanks for your information. I noticed that this issue has been raised since the release of the Queen and therefore is not a new problem. It seems that this issue could be related to FSCopilot or FSinn but I don

Edmundo Azevedo

Patrick,You said ".. think I've finally nailed the "trigger", at least on my set-up. Both of RealityXP's gauges seem to be the conflicting element(and not the reality dll's). " Could you please inform which RealityXP gauges are you refering to?I have most RealityXP gauges and would like to check whether they are the origin of the problem of the missing VOR needles.Thanks BestEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Edmundo,FYI, all sorts of decimals functions ok at least for me.Have you tried to remove/uninstall the RXP gauges, then delete the FS9.cfg and restart both FS9 and the machine?

Guest theonlyamrad

Edmundo,I think I put that part about Reality gaugES badly. I mean the RealityXP_WX500.gau file SINGULAR. I should have referred to the two references to it in the panel cfg:Window20=Reality XP WX500 MiniStackWindow21=Reality XP WX500 Radar[Window21]Background_color=2,2,2 size_mm=625,468window_size_ratio=1.000 position=2visible=1ident=12701gauge00=RealityXP_WX500!RDR, 0,0,625,468//--------------------------------------------------------[Window22]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=635,476window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=15372gauge00=FSFK-ACARS!Device, 0,0,635,476//--------------------------------------------------------From what I saw on my setup, leaving EITHER of these references to the gauge caused the problem. Sorry if I created confusion about it.Patrick.

Patrick-as I've said before, mention of the RealityXP gauges conflicting with localization settings on users' FS setups has been made since v1.0. You might not have noticed it before.I'd take it with their support forum, if I were you.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest theonlyamrad

Lefteris,This problem occurs with PMDG's Queen only. It hasn't had any effect on any other aircraft, including other add-ons and PMDG's NG. I had no problem for almost 2 months running both together, until the update. So I think it's pretty fair to say that it's not a problem for RealityXP but for PMDG's Queen. This isn't meant to be a criticism of the Queen, as I still see this issue as a glitch on an otherwise PERFECT product. But the evidence shows that problems only started on my setup after the update was installed.Patrick.

Hi Edmundo,being "almost sure" got many a college guy in trouble with their girlfriend and caused way too many abortions. :-DCan you not just take my word for it that we were notified about this issue even before the update? :-) After all, we're on the receiving end of the support emails.Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about other add-ons that might be misbehaving on how they "tweak" or "touch" stuff they shouldn't (why would a Weather Radar touch a radio frequency, for example).Benjamin Fels (the FSInn author) has also looked in vain for what in his code might be causing this, but couldn't find anything - it's possible (since his stuff is written in Visual Basic) that something in ActiveX might be changing the localization settings, overwriting our (correct) ones.Too many parameters here, too many unknowns. I've tried real hard to even DUPLICATE the problem, let alone solve it, with no success.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg