Sign in to follow this  
Guest alek87

Heavy FPS drop with zoom panel

Guest alek87

Good day.After installing the 1.10 update, I appeared to encounter following problem:when I open zoom panel (either Captain's view or F/O view), the frame rate drops from my usual 29-30 down to 8-10. It does not depend on weather or scenario outside - I tested it in different conditions.I have good and steady FPS with all other 2D panels and in VC. And I neved had any FPS drops with zoom panel before installing the 1.10 update.I completely reinstalled the Queen from initial package, then installed the 1.10 update over it without installing the interim update - it does not help. I think, I have the latest version of 1.10 update since my "con. ignition" message is white, but not amber.My PMDG settings: LCD displays, flightplan clipping off, conformal digits off, airports "bigger" than 6000 feet, FS2004 built-in TCAS, display FPS both in 2D and VC is set to 15 (I did not change it, it was there by "default").My system: P4 3GHz, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9600 with 256 MB VRAM.I wonder if anyone else has similar problem and I will be obliged for comments frpm PMDG team.Best regards,Alexey Yegorov

Alexey,Sounds like you have the main panel open behind the zoomed panel. Two sets of each gauge will make your PC crawl. How are you opening up the zoomed panel?Hope it helps,

Guest alek87

Good day!The problem was really in the fact that I used FS default kbd shortcut to open the zoom panel. And the standard panel remained still open under under it, so my PC had to process two panels simultaneously.Now I use the PMDG small panel that switches panels and everything works great.Thank you very much for help.Best regards,Alexey Yegorov