Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

New Overspeed Problems

Gents,In all thesee occasions the AT was never engaged...The AT FMA mode was blank. User saw a "pink" light on the MCP panel and never checked the FMA.Two things : The aircraft when AT is active will retard throttles to adjust speed to max allowed (automatically).We are preparing something with Rob Randazzo that will help our new (and old) users get acquainted with these systems.Best,VangelisPS. Keep scanning that FMA :)===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Her Doktor :(, I believe that one of the pilots mentioned that one should be able to disengage the A/T which leaves VNAV "engaged" without A/T (which this does) but then also to have the ablity to simply "switch" the A/T BACK ON without having to "re push" the VNAV button for the A/T to engage in VNAV mode. So question, which is the way it is done in rl? Re push VNAV or flip switch?[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Okay, I can reproduce the problem now, either by pausing the sim or switching tasks (even choosing the options menu in my registered copy of FSUIPC will do it). As reported above what it does is disconnect the SPD control, although VNAV is still illuminated. I get a warning before this happens on the FMC that says something like MAX ALT 14500.The engines then stay on a higher power setting than needed and eventually cause an overspeed condition. The work-around is to press VNAV again to engage the SPD mode when I receive the warning.This is not an unworkable problem, and I'm quite content to use this until a patch becomes available.(I did, however, experience a CTD when descending into KLAX, which is the first one in a while. If it happens again, I'll go though the sticky post on cleaning out my configuration.)Thanks for all who helped me with this...- daniel

>We are preparing something with Rob Randazzo that will help>our new (and old) users get acquainted with these systems.>Dr.Vangelis,It would be a good idea to have a simple write-up that would describe all the fancy points of the MCP logic - no, not necessarily a tutorial but rather a "switchology" sheet that would describe how some of the modes/buttons inter-relate.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest theonlyamrad

Just a remark about disconnects. I know how the autothrottle works on the real b747 - but my comment is about seeing the Queen at cruise with VNAV engaged and the A/T PROPERLY engaged. On a couple of occassions, just switching to FSNAV caused the A/T to disengage, engine sound dying before spooling up, and the max alt FLzzz appearing on the FMC. The same thing sometimes happens when going out of full screen to the desktop - on returning the a/t has disengaged but remains armed)(soft disconnect). I just wanted to point out that I know how the a/t systems works - so it seems there is a minor problem when the full screen sim is interupted.

>Just a remark about disconnects. I know how the autothrottle>works on the real b747 - but my comment is about seeing the>Queen at cruise with VNAV engaged and the A/T PROPERLY>engaged. On a couple of occassions, just switching to FSNAV>caused the A/T to disengage, engine sound dying before>spooling up, and the max alt FLzzz appearing on the FMC. The>same thing sometimes happens when going out of full screen to>the desktop - on returning the a/t has disengaged but remains>armed)(soft disconnect). I just wanted to point out that I>know how the a/t systems works - so it seems there is a minor>problem when the full screen sim is interupted. > I had this problem after applying the 1.1 upgrade.I bit the bullet and completely uninstalled the 747, removed all related files (including those found with a Windows search) and cleaned the registry.After reinstalling the base package and then the 1.1 update everything has been fine except for some very minor quibbles.-- Alan White

--

Alan White

I had the exact same problem as Daniel. I too like Alan had to do a complete reinstall of all PMDG products to alleviate this issue. I don't care what PMDG says about needing this or that engaged, it is going to take (from now 2 users doing it with this problem) a complete reinstall to get rid of the VNAV problem as it seems to be related to pausing, task switching etc... I now no longer get the FLxxx appearing on the scratchpad of the FMC after going from windows to full screen and the like.

Eric 

I didn't touch the 737 stuff; just the 747.Perhaps I ought to see if I've messed up the 737 :-(

--

Alan White