Sign in to follow this  
Guest peetoen

Autothrottle doesn't work in B747 v1.10 ?

Guest peetoen

Dear PMDG support,Does the autothrottle not work any more after the update to v1.10?This is what I did:- updated to queen v1.10 via downloaded installer and from intermediateupdate.- setup FMC for VTDB-WSSS @ FL250, all configuration complete and set in the same manner as before the update- activated route- activated FD- armed AT- activated LNAV- activated VNAV- do a takeoff- gear in- activate auto pilot by pressing "CMD"Expected:armed AT should become active to manage thrust following the presetspeeds of the LEGS page and/or VNAV climb/cruise/descent profile.actually observed:AT did not manage thrust neiter in CLB/CRZ/DES.In fact I was able to manually change thethrust (and speed) via the joystick thrust control.To make things clear I attached a screenshot from CRZ phase:Actual KIAS is 315 even though CMD,VNAV,AT,FD are active andCRZ speed was set to 298 prior to take off.- The screenshot shows a stable flight phase, meaning AT did not reduce KIAS to 298.- I toggled the IAS/MACH indicator from blank -> 298. In both situations AT did nothing and thrust could be changed manually.Thank you very much for your help and also for providing us with theupdate.

Mr/Ms Nameless,Please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules. Thanks.Looks like you forgot to activate the TO/GA mode. That will activate the A/T. TO/GA mode is activated with the TO/GA buttons on the throttle levers in the VC or on the screw just to the left of the A/T switch.Hope it helps,

Guest peetoen

Dear Mats,I followed your advice on another test flight and AT+VNAV workedperfectly obeying all speed/altitude constraints.So this is how I changed my procedure for success:...- activated LNAV- activated VNAV- press TO/GA ( <-new )- do a takeoff- gear in- activate auto pilot by pressing "CMD"...Thanks alot for the prompt help.Michael Rook

Michael,Glad it worked.Happy flying,