Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

REV. with Anti-Ice on

Guest afluhart

I don't think his problem is that the rev doesn't show up on the eicas or that he can't get it to reverse with the nacelle anti-ice armed its that when he hits F2 and holds it... he shouldn't have to hold it once he gets full reverse... thats the issue. In other words he just can't get the throttles to "stick" in full reverse. I'll have to try it and see if it was fixed with the update.

>I don't think his problem is that the rev doesn't show up on>the eicas or that he can't get it to reverse with the nacelle>anti-ice armed its that when he hits F2 and holds it... he>shouldn't have to hold it once he gets full reverse... thats>the issue. In other words he just can't get the throttles to>"stick" in full reverse. I'll have to try it and see if it>was fixed with the update.The only way I have been able to fix it was to turn off NAI either before landing, or not turn it on at all. See my previous message with the link. Cap Robert said this was recognized as an issue, however I didn't see it listed in the fixes.- John

Guest Just747-400

Ramon said:I have a question regarding Anti-Ice on landings.The 2 past flights I made a landing with anti-ice on and on both flights the temp. was around +2C degrees. But when I landed I couldn't select REV. so I slowed down with the wheelbrakes.So, I would adventure myself to say that they work.Could it be a problem that the joystick is not calibrated correct?

Guest A32X

Hi,My throttle is configure correctly and I can apply reverse thrust normally. However with NAI on holding F2 the throttles just keep "jumping" back to idle. I am experincing the same as Ramon.-Paul

Is it me, or are your landing lights more realistic in these couple of shots? or is that a scenery thing?

Alaister Kay

Guest A32X

Those Landing Lights look 100 times better than my "Pure White Triangles" Where can I get them? Is it a 744F thing?-Paul :-)

Guest AJ

Fro simplicity's sake, I am quoting Mr. Randazzo's comment from the linked thread above. Looks like they either forgot this issue in the update, or perhaps could not find a solution without losing the systems logic they worked so hard to build in.Andrew"John- Thanks for your report.... I just ran a few tests and you may indeed have found something legitimate! Here is what I believe to be happening: 1) NAI draws bleed air from the engine to provide heat energy for the nacelle duct. In order to compensate for this drain on power- and the effects of slower spool times when the engines are at idle, the EEC's command a higher idle thrust level in order to ensure regulatory guidelines for engine thrust transition times can be met. 2) It **appears** currently than in this condition, the higher idle thrust is creating some noise in the idle power sensor logic for the reversers... Thus the reversers are receiving erroneous commands to close... Currently this is an assumption- I'm still researching.... But it gives you an idea how complicated this airplane simulation is. Try this for a fun time: Select NAI for engines 3/4... Then select full reverse and take your finger off the F2 key... Oh dear... Manufacturers service bulletin coming...._________________Captain Robert S. Randazzo Precision Manuals Development Group"

Guest capntom

In (ahem) the plane, reverses is certainly available with engine Nacelle Anti Ice selected manually. Our particular RL procedure is to normally allow the auto function to do 'it's thing', the exception to this is taxi with snow or icing conditions on the ground, and final approach with snow on the ground, as the auto system is inop on the ground.Haven't tried this in the (PC) sim as yet!Tom

Search the library for Download ID 37697.It's a file (texture??) that replaces the FS 2k4 default landing lights with ones that look similar to picture. There is another landing light file in the library, but I think the file with ID # 37697 is better.

Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

Heh..! Can't find these file textures based on what you have said, can you direct me to where I too can get hold of these different lighting files...especially if they look similar to the pics above.I would appreciate this..!Many thanks...Pablo Dominguez