Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

Robert or another PMDG dev

Guest jgreth123

Can you please email me at jgreth(at)gmail(dot)com -- avoiding spam bots.I noticed a HUGE problem with PANC as far as runway info.I just have some questions regarding where I can get the information to modify data for the airport. I fly into Anchorage a lot and never have any runway info due to errors in the FMC.Thanks guys.Jeff Greth

Guest jgreth123

Hi Mike, I'm not sure what's causing it, but I get absolutely 0 runway info due to errors on PANC.

download the latest updates from navdata.at

Jeff,Runway 14/32 seems to be fine but:In FS9 the runways are designated 06R, 06L, 24R and 24L.In the NavData AIRAC file wpNavAPT.txt which contains all airports and runways the same designators are 07R, 07L, 25R and 25L.In the terminal procedures file PANC.txt the runways are again named 06R, 06L, 24R and 24L.Finally I checked the latest airport chart from www.myairplane.com for PANC and there we have 07R, 07L, 25R and 25L.Lot of files to keep track of but the AIRAC seems to be correct to real world but not the FS world whilst the terminal procedures file seems to correspond with the FS world but not the real world. I guess PANC redesignated their runways after FS2004 was released.This is a dilemma for the guys keeping us with up to date nav databases. Terry Yingling (http://planepath.com/) and Richard Stefan (www.navdata.at) are the guys responsible for SID/STAR and AIRAC respectively.Hope it helps,

Guest afluhart

If you search the old forum or this one there is a solution... you have to edit the sid/stars rwy info for PANC... just go to you pmdg folder in your root fs directory and then go to sidstars folder... find the panc sid/star and cut and paste this over your rwy info..RNWS RNW 07L RNW 07R RNW 14 RNW 25L RNW 25R RNW 32 ENDRNWS Its just that they changed the rwy info recently at panc and fs doesn't recognize this.