Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

After Update

Well I finally give up. I have had minor problems since the 'update' but now the plane doesn't do half what it is supposed to do. There has been no changes made to my system and no addons. IF THERE IS SO MANY PEOPLE WITH SO MANY PROBLEMS THEN PERHAPS THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CODE. I really don't think we should have to uninstall and reinstall and follow a series of steps to make the software run the way it did originally with some 'enhancements.'I am getting overspeeds with exactly the same flightplan I have used before. Vnav doesn't work. Lnav and APP ignored the airport totally. The plane stalled with A/T on and speed set above Vref for landing.I will fly the NG until this is sorted out.Say what you will but I think I am part of the majority who are having trouble with this.With all due respectRick

Rick,Could you please send me a saved flight where you're seeing these issues? All you need to do is set up the plane for the flight, (get it to the point just before you're about to takeoff) go to the File menu and save the flight and then email me a few files that get created.Name the flight "Problems"The files you need to send are these -In My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files:Problems.fltProblems.wxIn Flight Simulator 9PMDG747400PanelStateProblems.savProblems.rteSend those files as attachments to TabsAZ@gmail.comI'll be happy to try flying this and see if I notice any incorrect configuration of the aircraft or, if everything's set up correctly, any possible bugs.Could you provide me some more information on what you mean on these issues?1. Overspeeds - is the plane actually going into the red overspeed bricks on the speed tape, or are you talking about the plane overspeeding the VNAV PTH speed target? If it's the latter, there's probably a very good reason it's doing it that I'll be able to explain to you.2. LNAV and APP ignored the airport - not sure what you mean by this, could you tell me exactly what the situation was?Sorry you're having problems, hopefully we can figure this out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I am getting overspeeds with exactly the same flightplan I have used before. Vnav doesn't work. Exact same thing here.

Eric 

>IF THERE IS SO MANY PEOPLE WITH SO MANY PROBLEMS THEN PERHAPS>THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE CODE. If there are so many people that don't have problems, there must not be something wrong with the code. You do realize that maybe 5% of PMDG customers post on this forum. Probably only 10%, if not less, of those, have problems. Get my point?

>I am getting overspeeds with exactly the same>flightplan I have used before. Vnav doesn't work. >>Exact same thing here.We need specific examples here folks - what kind of overspeeding and in what situation?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Mike / Rick-Mike: Thank you for pointing out somethign that isn't too obvious. Your point is significant here because unfortunately, some folks are going to read a post like Rick's and come to assumptions that are quite incorrect. The fact is that only a very very small percentage of customers post here... Since this forum is set up for help/discussion, it **might** appear that small problems are larger than they really are....Since we allow this to be a free flow discussion forum, you get to read posts that aren't always flattering. That can't be said of some other products on the market- so it means a lot to us when all of us keep that in mind.Rick: Sounds to me like you are getting pretty frustrated- which is understandable. We are here to help- but you are going to have to do some work in order for the help do do you any good.I've been around MSFS for 20+ years now- and FS9 is, by a long shot, the most difficult platform I've seen yet. It is convenient to point the finger at a specific addon and say, "my problem comes from this" but that isn't always the case.Currently I am in direct contact with a half dozen individuals who are having or have had problems with the -400 on their machines. There is no requirement that we work with folks such as yourself because after thousands upon thousands of installations- if the problem was software based- we'd have thousands upon thousands of problems....We don't. We have MAYBE a few dozen, which represents an infintesimally small percentage of our customer base....But we WANT TO HELP YOU because that is what we do- and because you purchased our product. It is interesting to note that after solving nearly a dozen similar instances- we have found some were due to pirated software, some were the dreaded "season change" but in FS, some are related to a problem that can be reprodced even without the 400 installed that we think is MSFS based- and we are looking right now at a database failure in another well known add-on that triggers yet another type of CTD.So Rick- it is easy to sit and scream and point fingers- especially when the only thing you want to do is get our airplane running and go off to fly....There is nothing less that we would want for you- so work with us to work with you- and I'm certain we'll find a solution for you too.Go back to Ryan's reply and take him up on the offer for help. Ryan works VERY closely with all of us here- and he's one of the best trouble shooters I've met in some time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Buck Bolduc

Hi Ryan.After installing the update I noticed on my first flight that climb-1 seemed a bit slow but attained CRZ altitude ok. After settling down on CRZ I noticed after a bit I reached an overspeed condition. At that point LNAV and VNAV was engaged, Autothrottle didn't seem to be working. Was holding FL320 nicely so VNAV seemed ok.I tried different things like disengageing VNAV flicking AT switch off and on then pressing VNAV again to no avail. I even tried the TG screw on the MPC, the AT seemed to be not functioning at all at this point.I also noticed my Quadthrottle setup lost their reversers. plus the throttles seemed to be unequele in operation.I reinstalled FS9 and the Queen and the Universal update.I still have the same problems. I tried to reconfigure the quadthrottle, now it don't seem to want to work at all, I know it's not PMDG's problem. Just trying to give you all the facts I can.Is it possible to get ver. 1.03 again, worked perfect for me?It was a real realistic with QT and reversers, I was getting ready to join the pilots union, virtual one of course. I'm ret mem of the I.U.O.E. I was one of those guy's who kept sticking crane booms in your faces around KBOS a few years back.I'm no programmer but it seems like somthing to do with the throttle logic changed perhaps. FSUIPC (Reg) doen't seem to work with the throttle config at all.The other problem I had was with the cruise altitude when entering it into the FMC, entered FL320 and saw FL390 on the legs pages?Thanks in advance for your help.Regards

Hi Ryan,>>The other problem I had was with the cruise altitude when entering it into the FMC, entered FL320 and saw FL390 on the legs pages?<

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Guest Phill

For what it's worth.Since the update i have had no problems what so ever,though my pc was reformatted a couple of months ago i created a restore point i defrag on a regular basis & have knocked off a lot of services running in the background.I have not got what you would call a top of the line pc.However a few friends of mine have a lot better pc but they don't run as good as mine.Cheers Phill

Mr. Randazzo:Let me start by apologizing. The logic that Mike pointed out totally escaped me. Like yourself I have been around MSFS a long time. There has never been an addon as detailed as yours and after buying the NG I was totally in awe and very happy. My frustration came from finally learning to operate the 747 in a VNAV condition for a complete flight and then the next flight I had problems. I spent money upgrading just so I could use these advanced airplanes. Perhaps the people not having problems are using machines that are even faster and have more memory. I thought a video card with 256 MB and a board with 1 GB would be enough. Then again it may be something I am doing wrong and not my hardware or software although after having every version of Windows over the years I could understand a small bug surfacing.I hope you aren't suggesting there is pirated software on my machine. There never has been and never will be. The pirates and the virus writers have made computing more difficult and expensive.It's 'plane' to see you have a lot of loyal customers and fans here. I will try not to point the finger and scream.Thanks for the reply and I will work with Ryan whose help will be much appreciated.RegardsRick

Guest jgreth123

I have also noticed some odd behavior. Yesterday I was flying from Miami to Anchorage ( ended up being 10.4 hours with headwinds ) and just when I reached cruise altitude, I noticed that I was going a good deal faster than my cruise speed setting. I dropped my throttle levers a bit and noticed that my N1 was then decreasing rapidly... which at first I was happy to see, I though it was just dropping to stop at the set cruise speed. I was wrong, it kept going down and down. Once it got about 10 knots under the set cruise speed, I clicked the VNAV button the MCP again and it started finally climbing back up. Somehow there seemed to have been a soft A/T disconnect. The A/T was armed and VNAV + C A/P were on. I never made any keyboard command to the A/T soft disconnect, so I'm not really sure what happened here.

Buck and Hans,Can you guys verify that the Throttle Control Override on the AFDS page of the PMDG options menu is unchecked? If it is in fact unchecked, try checking it, pressing OK, then going back in and unchecking it again and pressing OK. This really sounds like a joystick issue to me where the physical position of your throttle is overriding what the A/T is commanding, which could theoretically make the plane overspeed in level flight. That control override option is designed to be used with a hardware device that has servos that move the thrust levers while under A/T control, like the real plane has.That's really all I can think of at the moment - I've personally never seen this happen in the slightest. The most I've ever seen in terms of overspeeding is in a VNAV PTH descent where winds haven't been entered on the RTE DATA page and the plane starts to creep past the VNAV speed target trying to hold the path against the wind effect.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest Buck Bolduc

>>I am getting overspeeds with exactly the same>>flightplan I have used before. Vnav doesn't work. >>>>Exact same thing here.>>We need specific examples here folks - what kind of>overspeeding and in what situation?Ryan.I found my problem. I have a registered ver. of FSUIPC. After looking at it's config file it's coruption was apparent. I deleted all FSUIPC files from the modules folder except for the reg.,key file. After reinstaling FSUIPC-3.50 I started FS9 and loaded KDFWKBOS and the whole flight went perfect.Still a slight problem when entering CRZ altitude, ent FL330 and ended up with some legs at FL370.Also I noticed the FMC would not take FL330 to correct, it would take 33000 format.I use FSBuild for FP's.Next the Quadthrottles?According to Pete Dowson's manual the setting values aren't cast in stone like prior versions of MS FS, it maps to the airfiles.Can they be looked at or adjusted or whatever to use the Quadtrottle unit? It really adds to the PMDG experiance.Regards

Guest jgreth123

>I have also noticed some odd behavior. Yesterday I was>flying from Miami to Anchorage ( ended up being 10.4 hours>with headwinds ) and just when I reached cruise altitude, I>noticed that I was going a good deal faster than my cruise>speed setting. I dropped my throttle levers a bit and noticed>that my N1 was then decreasing rapidly... which at first I>was happy to see, I though it was just dropping to stop at the>set cruise speed. I was wrong, it kept going down and down. >Once it got about 10 knots under the set cruise speed, I>clicked the VNAV button the MCP again and it started finally>climbing back up. Somehow there seemed to have been a soft>A/T disconnect. The A/T was armed and VNAV + C A/P were on. >I never made any keyboard command to the A/T soft disconnect,>so I'm not really sure what happened here.I also wanted to add that I did do some basic checks like checking all my MCP settings. A/T was armed, VNAV and LNAV were lit up. C A/P was lit up. The A/P disengage bar was up. F/D was on. I even disengaged A/T arm and re-engaged it with no effect. Once I hit VNAV again it start controlling the throttle.

>Can you guys verify that the Throttle Control Override on the>AFDS page of the PMDG options menu is unchecked? If it is in>fact unchecked, try checking it, pressing OK, then going back>in and unchecking it again and pressing OK. >>This really sounds like a joystick issue to me where the>physical position of your throttle is overriding what the A/T>is commanding, which could theoretically make the plane>overspeed in level flight. That control override option is>designed to be used with a hardware device that has servos>that move the thrust levers while under A/T control, like the>real plane has.>>That's really all I can think of at the moment - I've>personally never seen this happen in the slightest. The most>I've ever seen in terms of overspeeding is in a VNAV PTH>descent where winds haven't been entered on the RTE DATA page>and the plane starts to creep past the VNAV speed target>trying to hold the path against the wind effect.Ryan,Here is my problem and it sounds alfully like the other guys problems as well:To preface, FS9 did not crash, just the plane itself crashed while at altitude (FL350). I had LNAV and VNAV engaged with CRZ thrust mode set. All weights where within normal parameters. I had a steady tailwind of 60kts and OAT of -25C. At 1hr, 26min into the flight, I watched as the engines spooled up to 102.3% (limit indicated at 102.7%) and the aircraft went past the speed set on the PFD and continued into the overspeed area. I let it go to see what would happen and if the plane would correct itself. At Mach .92, the plane broke up. Bear in mind, I did not touch anything on the MCP or in the FMC. The plane did this on its own while in VNAV and LNAV mode.To repeat, the winds did not change nor did the temp. I also verified that the a/t option is unchecked. I did as you suggest about check then uncheck and that did not work. I am using a hardware throttle control set from PFC. I use TOGA on departure and as such my throttles stay in the idle postion until I take over manually on finals. If the hardware throttles are taking over somehow, the engines should go to idle, not overspeed.

Eric