Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

After Update

Hans,It seems you are seeing the automatic STEP TO function. Could you try and set the STEP SIZE to 0 (zero) instead of ICAO and load the same flight plan as above and see if you get the same behaviour? You need to review the flightplan before takeoff to determine the number of steps and if you want steps at all.Hope it helps,

Ryan,The Throttle Control Override indeed was unchecked. Nevertheless, I followed your advise and will keep you updated if any overspeed incidents occur again.Unfortunately these overspeed issues don't occur on each flight I make, however, when they do, it's always on a second flight I make on that particular day. Having finished the first flight I close down FS9 completely and, where I have a chance and time for a 2nd flight, I fire up FS9 again, load the -400 etc. Right after leveling off at TOC the overspeed is ignited as reported.These issues only occurred after installing the latest patch.Will keep you updated,Thanks and regards,Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hi Mats,Been there, done that . This anomaly is, unfortunately, not linked to a certain flightplan. These overspeed issues happen, I take it, totally at random.Thanks,Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Background services.......I sincerely hope more people are doing this. It so SO vital to proper operation. Espacially a program that takes 1/2 a gig easily on RAM without a hiccup. By all means control alt del a few items you don't need. Get acquainted with your services and what they do. If there are some you don't know the function to, google it and you'll get pages devoted ONLY to explaining what this or that .exe file does. It frees up memory, resources and is one of the easiest way to cure problems.That being said, I came across to minor problems I have encountered and I just wanted to see if other people have noticed it as well.1. On start up the fuel flow gauge shows flow only after the engines have stabilised after the patch. Confirmed by my friend who flies over LAN with me.2. VERY weird. Did PMDG maybe insert a code into the system to disregard sudden changes in head or tailwind? I ask because last night on a flight from KMIA to LFPG my wind changed from a quartering head to a 140 kt tailwind (gradually though). The FMS showed 91 kts tailwind, the ND displayed to windvector correctly but my GS was ony 4 kts higher than my TAS. VEEERY slowly my GS started adjusting to the wind. Never happened before. So I thought maybe PMDG did this to cure the complaints of planes falling out of the sky because of sudden wind changes.Xanderp.s. Anyone have had any strange behaviors with FsMeteo and PMDG?

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Ryan,Further to my previous note. Despite I did check, saved, and unchecked the Throttle Control Override parameter in the AFDS page, I again ran into this overspeed anomaly. This time I saved the flight and wx situation as well as the panel state. Want me to forward these files to you? Thanks,Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Guest gordonrd45

Since updating I have experienced several minor problems and one of these is similar to is being described in this thread. I did my first flight on Sunday after installing the universal update. I have not had the CTD problem reported elsewhere. My CPFlight MCP is having some problems despite having the latest software for it but that is a problem for another discussion.Did extensive flight planning and fuel calculations for a flight from KORD to ZSPD prior to flight and used the PMDG fuel loader to fuel the plane, as you are supposed to. My climb out to cruise from KORD went very very nicely (quite thrilling actually!) and the plane settled into the first cruise step at 31,000 feet with the MCP set for LNAV and VNAV. After a while, I notice that the speed was unstable, and the the plane went into overspeed (yes, into the red bricks) despite no change in any settings by me. I tried turning off the autopilot, and the autothrottle, and the flight director, and then bringing everything back, but whenever I went back into VNAV mode, the problem would eventually reappear with the plane failing to hold the VNAV speed. All I could do was go into SPD mode (still on LNAV) and that did seem to work okay. I am using GoFlight throttles so don't know if the hardware is having any effects, but the throttles do work well with the PMDG 747 when I use them.Do want to acknowledge what a great publisher you are. Your support of us is fantastic. The task of making and supporting such a complex and magnificent product is herculean and much appreciated. I particularly appreciate your willingness to work with hardware vendors who are willing to be cooperative with you, such as Aerosoft Australia.Rob

Guest gordonrd45

Since updating I have experienced several minor problems and one of these is similar to is being described in this thread. I did my first flight on Sunday after installing the universal update. I have not had the CTD problem reported elsewhere. My CPFlight MCP is having some problems despite having the latest software for it but that is a problem for another discussion.Did extensive flight planning and fuel calculations for a flight from KORD to ZSPD prior to flight and used the PMDG fuel loader to fuel the plane, as you are supposed to. My climb out to cruise from KORD went very very nicely (quite thrilling actually!) and the plane settled into the first cruise step at 31,000 feet with the MCP set for LNAV and VNAV. After a while, I notice that the speed was unstable, and the the plane went into overspeed (yes, into the red bricks) despite no change in any settings by me. I tried turning off the autopilot, and the autothrottle, and the flight director, and then bringing everything back, but whenever I went back into VNAV mode, the problem would eventually reappear with the plane failing to hold the VNAV speed. All I could do was go into SPD mode (still on LNAV) and that did seem to work okay. I am using GoFlight throttles so don't know if the hardware is having any effects, but the throttles do work well with the PMDG 747 when I use them.Do want to acknowledge what a great publisher you are. Your support of us is fantastic. The task of making and supporting such a complex and magnificent product is herculean and much appreciated. I particularly appreciate your willingness to work with hardware vendors who are willing to be cooperative with you, such as Aerosoft Australia.Rob

Update:My problems have been solved thanks to Paul G. from PMDG. A cpmplete reinstall of all things PMDG in the order he suggested cured my problem. I also rebuilt the ini file for fsuipc. All is now well.

Eric 

Guest Virgin747

you need to take your 747 back to Boeing and ask for your money back product that does not work 95-100% should not have been released in the first place

>product that does not work 95-100% should not have been>released in the first place >>If that was true, nothing would ever get released.

>product that does not work 95-100% should not have been>released in the first place >>then you would be left with nothing, I sure hope you don't play Flight Simulator as it is not 95-100% perfect

Guest kdundon

I had the overspeed too. I also found that by clicking the vnav button while it was engaged brought the throttles back to normal. It has happened on all the flights I have flown since the update. I also have experienced the slowing of the aircraft to the point I had to come off of VNav and click on THR button. Something has changed as this is really the first problem I have had from the beginning. I follow the checklists check to check for each flight. I have them laminated so I am sure to get everything set properly. (just in case you were wondering) Ken

Guest petermcleland

>Buck and Hans,>>Can you guys verify that the Throttle Control Override on the>AFDS page of the PMDG options menu is unchecked? If it is in>fact unchecked, try checking it, pressing OK, then going back>in and unchecking it again and pressing OK. >>This really sounds like a joystick issue to me where the>physical position of your throttle is overriding what the A/T>is commanding, which could theoretically make the plane>overspeed in level flight. That control override option is>designed to be used with a hardware device that has servos>that move the thrust levers while under A/T control, like the>real plane has.>>That's really all I can think of at the moment - I've>personally never seen this happen in the slightest. The most>I've ever seen in terms of overspeeding is in a VNAV PTH>descent where winds haven't been entered on the RTE DATA page>and the plane starts to creep past the VNAV speed target>trying to hold the path against the wind effect.Ryan,I'm certain there is an intermittant bug here and I have experienced it once and these are the exact circumstances of it:-I flew the Smitty tutorial flight from KLAX to Edwards...Following the exact instuctions all was perfect in VNAV and LNAV and the aircraft was allowed to level at 10,000 feet...then after a couple of small actions (turning off lights) I dialled to 15,000 feet and clicked the centre of the ALT button to set it on its way up. It climbed to 15000 feet as normal and I noticed nothing wrong during the climb...However, when level at 15000 feet the aircraft accelerated into the red dots and there was no response from the autothrottle. I pulled my stick throttle back and was surprised to find that I had control of the RPM (the auto throttle did NOT have it, in spite of VNAV being still lit). I controlled the speed with my stick throttle for a while and then just Clicked the VNAV light. The light did not do anything (just remained lit) but instantly the Autothrottle took control back and started to shift the power to control the speed. My stick throttle also correctly became disconnected. VNAV performed perfectly for the rest of the flight and the autoland was flawless.I have since set up a "Smitty" flight from EGLL to EHAM with my own Cold and Dark saved start. I have flown this twice now with no defect at all...However, on both occasions I did not permit the aircraft to level at the dialled 10,000 feet but dialled it up to 15,000 feet as it was starting to level. There has been no further malfunction of the Autothrottle but it is obvious from the posts in this thread and my own one experience that there is an "Erratic" here with a loss of Autothrottle but with the VNAV light and the other aspects of VNAV remaining engaged.

Guest kdundon

Ryan, My overspeed happens after leveling off at altitude. As an example I leveled at 37000 and after checking indications I replenished my coffee. When I looked at the speed which was set for .86mach it was at .94mach and climbing with an overspeed warning. I tapped on the VNAV button and the throttles decreased and captured the .86mach setting from VNAV. I do not have the check in the box for Throttles overiding and this has only started to happen since the update. What would you like for me to save, send, screen capture etc for you? I plan on capturing the event on video using fraps when it happens next. In my case it usually happens after obtaining my assigned altitude within the first few minutes. Ken

I pulled my stick throttle back and was surprised to find that I had control of the RPM (the auto throttle did NOT have it, in spite of VNAV being still lit). I controlled the speed with my stick throttle for a while and then just Clicked the VNAV light. Hello Peter, You nailed something. As I was testing the A/T functions I found that it did exactly what you describe here even though I had not checked the throttle override in the menu. This must be the VNAV remains engaged even WITH the A/T in the OFF position. Of course on the real 744 one can have VNAV engaged even with the A/T in OFF, so the question is - how many are touching the A/T switch IF AT ALL? Is the fault happening at mode reversion without moving the A/T? Could be, need more testing to be sure.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|