Sign in to follow this  
Guest mgmjward

PMDG 747-400 IDG Drive Disconnects

Guest mgmjward

I have not had this problem before but, since following the advice to 'Captains' to avoid CTDs, each time I now fire up the 747 I get the IDG Drive Disconnect warnings explained in page 11-12 of the manual. Unfortunately though I cannot seem to clear these by clicking on the button in PMDG/OPTIONS/VARIOUS (which shows EDG rather than IDG!), and clicking on the buttons on the OVH has no effect. Please can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?Thanks,Mike

Guest petermcleland

I found a Drive Disconnect when I first started after update. I found I had to shut down completely before going into that menu and clicking the Reset button...However, I got it to work then and the disconnect has not occurred again.

Guest mgmjward

Peter,Thanks very much for the advice, which seems to have worked fine.Mike