Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Just to clarify?? (Autobrakes??)

Am I correct in assuming that the autobrake system in the 747-400 only applies wheel brakes, and raises the spoilers? It does not infact apply reverse thrust? I found out the hard way after a 15 hours realtime haul from KLAX to YSSY - landing runway 6L I was waiting for the reversers to kick in and nothing was happening so finally I manually activated the Rev Thrust.

Guest petermcleland

>Am I correct in assuming that the autobrake system in the>747-400 only applies wheel brakes, and raises the spoilers? >It does not infact apply reverse thrust? I found out the hard>way after a 15 hours realtime haul from KLAX to YSSY - landing>runway 6L I was waiting for the reversers to kick in and>nothing was happening so finally I manually activated the Rev>Thrust.No, only the wheelbrakes...You must arm the spoilers. Reverse Thrust is manually applied as in the real aeroplane :)

Thanx a million Peter - btw I really, really enjoy your screenshots - I am a big fan of McLeland Field. Keep up the good work!!!

Guest petermcleland

Thanks Slick :)

I don`t think any real aircraft has reversers that automatically deploy with autobrakes,its just a microsoft as real as it gets thing.I`d be interested if anyone knows different. Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest petermcleland

>I don`t think any real aircraft has reversers that>automatically deploy with autobrakes,its just a microsoft as>real as it gets thing.I`d be interested if anyone knows>different. >I agree Jon,I'm certain that auto reverse thrust has never existed in real life.

Guest theflyer

How about military aircraft? I think I read that the tornado has a reverse bucket system which can be armed to auto deploy on touch down, but I'm guessing it is still up to the pilot to apply thrust?