Sign in to follow this  
Sebi_EDDT

Contrails PMDG 747 right or wrong?

Guest Marc Harrington

Vielleicht auf deutsch?

>Vielleicht auf deutsch?>Ja, So, ich finde wirklich komisch! Ich sah

I was going to look at fixing this for myself and then posting the change here. However if anyone else has corrected it already perhaps they coud share it?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I'm confused, or maybe just blind. What's the problem?

Guest jgreth123

Mike, The contrails aren't lining up with the engines. :)

Thanks Jeff. I'm on a crappy monitor at the moment and couldn't see that at first. Now that you pointed it out, it makes a little more sense.

do you have the latest update? I haven't checked it out yet, but I remember there was a fix somebody posted in the new old forum.

No Alex,This had not been fixed in the update. I had spotted it indeed in the old forum, but this had not been adressed yet.To fix this, one might want to edit the aircraft.cfg (I'd caution you doing that tough)and go to GeneralEngineData section and change the value for engines 1 and 4 to the correct values (using ACM for instance) ...Well, actually, I did not do that myself although I know how to do it, because I was unsure if adjusting those lines would have any impact on the flight model.If someone could tell us it has no impact on the flight model, then I'll post here the correct settings.

Greetings all.Firstly back up your Aircraft.cfg file;-) Then paste the section shown below, replacing the existing text, into your CFG file. The only part that's been changed is the second column of figures, which should have no effect on the flight model or engine performance. My understanding is that it only defines the visual position of the contrails. Of course if anybody could confirm that, it would be great.[GeneralEngineData] engine_type = 1 //0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop Engine.0 = -107.5, -66.14, -6.9 //(feet) from RefPos Engine.1 = -76.0, -37.82, -10.4 //(feet) from RefPos Engine.2 = -76.0, 37.82, -10.4 //(feet) from RefPos Engine.3 = -107.5, 66.14, -6.9 //(feet) from RefPos fuel_flow_scalar = 1.07 // sfc [...] min_throttle_limit = -0.20 // reverseIf all goes according to plan, contrails should look more like this...David JellieWellington, New Zealand.

very cool, thanks David.Maybe its me, but in your screenshot it appears that the contrails curve into the middle a little too early, at least going by the real shots above (which probably should be linked instead of posted) the contrails go straight back from the engines for a while

Apologies for the lousy screenshot, it's just one I threw together quickly. I'm pretty sure they don't look that bad in the sim, but now that you mention it, I'm gonna go check it out to make sure.

BTW Welcome David! Nice to see a fellow Wellingtonian on the boards!CheersMark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>> The contrails aren't lining up with the engines. :)Yes, it is right!Why make not PMDG-Support, because forget about contrails!Thanks for David!I try change aircraft.cfg!Sebastian B