Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

"Start Valve Open" light - is there one on 737?

Dear Friends:Is there a "START VALVE OPEN" light on the 737NG? If so, where EXACTLY is it? I can't seem to find one. It is useful to see if the light extinguishes when the starter has the cutout at 46% N2 and the duct pressure begins to rise. Only thing is, I can't seem to find the light anywhere!Thanks.Chris Catalano

Guest Hawkeyeted

Yes. It's on the EICAS display. Bright yellow..can't miss it.

Guest jgreth123

>Yes. It's on the EICAS display. Bright yellow..can't miss>it.Sure ya can. Turn around! ;)

Thanks guys. One other question then - what are the 2 lights on the Main Overhead left panel that say "Spar Valve Closed" and Engine Valve Closed"?(I guess I thought this was where I was supposed to look for the engine valve closed light. Thanks to you both, I found it clear as day on the EICAS like you said. I just thought I would find it above.)Thanks again.Chris Catalano

I'm sure there's somebody who can explain this far better than me, but here goes. The spar valves and engine valves permit the flow of fuel from the tanks to the engine. These are controlled by the switches on the pedestal just below the throttle levers. The start valve, when open permits bleed air into the engine to spool it up the speed necessary for a start.Hope this helps out a little.