Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

PMDG SID/STAR issue in PANC

Guest jgreth123

As all of you may or may not know, Ted Stevens Intl in Anchorage, Alaska has had its runways changed from 06L/24R and 06R/24L to 07L/25R and 07R/25L. In the FMC I noticed that whenever flying into PANC it would error out and not allow for any procedures or runways. With my changes, they once again work. If you want the corrected procedure file, please grab it from:http://chicago054.server4free.de/jeff/misc/PANC.txtRight click on the link, save it under YourFS9DirectoryPMDGSIDSTARS directory.If you're flying the PMDG right now, you'll have to restart FS9. If you're in FS9 and haven't yet loaded either PMDG plane, then the procedures files won't be cached into memory yet and you can do so without issues.I hope this helps anyone that enjoys flying to Anchorage like myself.

Great Jeff,You might consider uploading it to www.navdata.at as that is probably the most comprehensive repository for terminal procedures.Cheers and thanks,

Guest jgreth123

Good idea Mats.I just uploaded it to their site.

Guest stang

Hello JeffThank you for taking the time to fix and report a terminal procedures problem. You did not state what the error message was but I presume it was about the FMC not being able to find the runways. I see a couple of issues here.1. Some background. When there is a runway numbering change it is reflected in the next AIRAC cycle and the next terminal procedures cycle. If there was a runway numbering change and only the AIRAC or the terminal procedures gets updated you have a situation where the updated cycle will have the change but the other old file will still have the old runway numbers. This will cause a runway number error. Therefore it is important to insure the AIRAC and terminal procedures cycles are the same to hopefully eliminate this error. In your case you are using cycle 0508. The PANC runway numbering was changed in cycle 0511. Please obtain the current cycle 0512 at PlanePath.com and note that PANC runways are correct and current.2. Please read my copyright notice in the "Read This First.txt" file included with the terminal procedures. You are free to make changes to my files but you must include in the file header at least your name and what section(s) were modified or added. The file you are distributing does not do this.RegardsTerry PlanePath.com

Guest jgreth123

Ah, sorry about that Terry :)I got the files from navdata.at originally so I assumed those were the most current.Glad to hear you've already been aware of the situation and that it's been fixed on your end :)As per the header of the file, sorry :) Last night I was under a heavy dosage of medication so I didn't read the notice :(

Guest stang

>Ah, sorry about that Terry :)Apology accepted, Jeff. You are not the first to run into this problem.>I got the files from navdata.at originally so I assumed those>were the most current.Lesson learned. Unfortunately you are not alone in that belief. Navdata.at is an important site which produces current AIRAC data but it does not produce terminal procedures. It is just a depository for others to upload to and unfortunately as you found out not all the authors update their files when needed.>As per the header of the file, sorry :) Last night I was>under a heavy dosage of medication so I didn't read the noticeSince the file is still part of this thread you should either remove it or add the required info. Thanks.RegardsTerry

Guest jgreth123

File has been removed.For those wanting the correct procedures for PANC, please visit Terry's website :)