Sign in to follow this  

GeForce 4 Choice?

I have decided to upgrade to a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 video card. The best preices I can find in Toronto are among the following manufacturers:ASUS, Leadtek, ABIT and MSIThe price differences and the software bundles are not really a deciding factor as they are all priced very similarly. Can anyone recommend one of these manufacturers over another? Thanks for any input!John-PaulToronto

Ignore the bundles and look at the warranty, where do you have to send the card if it fails on you? For how long? Do they offer a flip program, where you get a replacement quickly?Personally, I have had some bad experiences with ASUS motherboards and their unwillingness to admit engineering fixes. Case in point was the P2B-DS, no parallel port, no USB, not enough power on the AGP port, ASUS's offer: we'll fix any 1 of the issues, and this was their most expensive mb at the time. Had the same issues with their previous multi processor board, bad engineering, no admission of issues, no offered fixes. Others have had no issues with ASUS products, but then again, I swear they ship their junk to Canada to keep the US market happy. Supercom (ASUS distributer in Toronto) will be where you end up if you have an issue, and they are pretty good guys, which offsets ASUS issues a bit, as long as you got the card from someone big enough to have some clout.Sometimes it is worth paying a little extra just to get the card in a big store, where you can publically rant and rave when you have problems and they deal with you quickly just to get you out of the store. You might be better off getting a GF3 Ti and overclocking it if you are buying it just for FS, as the 4's are not really dishing out the greatest numbers right now and the next generation stuff will be out soon enough, making the 4's the current trash cards, saving you a few hundred bucks when the prices crash...Ray