Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

TOGA troubles

Guest AJ

I am trying to assign the TOGA button to my joystick, but I am having some confusion. Namely, from which menu do I assign this command, as there are at least two possibilities. The PMDG keyboard commands menu has a command labled "MCP - Set TOGA." IN the main MSFS control assignment menu there is also an "autothrottle- TOGA" selection. Which of these applies to the 744? or should I set both? I am using a Saitek X-52 joystick if that helps.Andrew

Guest jgreth123

Use the PMDG option. If you can't set a joystick button directly to it ( haven't tried ) then you can always assign a key to it that you don't use. If you have the registered version of FSUIPC you can then have your joystick button send that key to the simulator... or you can try FS9 assignments if all else fails :)

Guest AJ

Thanks, but I am still trying to verify the corect source of the command. More specifically, is the "MCP- set TOGA" in the PMDG keyboard menu the correct place to start. It confuses me, since the actual button is not on the MCP, but on the trottle quadrant.Andrew

Guest jgreth123

In the VC and real a/c it's on the throttle quadrant.In the 2-D cockpit it's on the MCP, the screw to the left of the A/T Arm switch.So yes, that's the correct place to start :)Hope that helps.

Guest afluhart

Its the set toga command... thats what I have assigned as a key stroke.