Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

PMDG 747 cold & dark cockpit with equipments sounds

Guest Andrea

Dear PMDG,I am experiencing the following odd situation with the PMDG 747 1.10: if I create a new flight loading a cold & dark cessna 172 (engines and batteries off) and after I change to the PMDG 747, I can hear NO sound in the cockpit. If I save it and reload it, after about one minute I can hear a sound in cockpit view (battery? electrics? fan? packs?), despite of the fact that battery and external power switches are all off. If I switch on and after switch off the external power button I can obtain the total silence. What's up? Am I making a mistake or is it a bug?Andrea

Guest Skedflyer

The proper procedure is NOT to load the cessna 1st shut it down, then load the 744.The proper way to load the 744 1st and load the cold and dark panel state from the PMDG menu.

Guest Andrea

Thanks Dennis,but's quite messy: I would like to know what flight have to be the correct "default flight" in order to create new PMDG 747-400 flight starting from FS9 create flight view (supposing to be a cessna c172 with engines and batteries off and avionics on, saved as default flight?). Am I right?Andrea

Guest jgreth123

Andrea, There's 2 ways to accomplish that. The easiest is to go to Select Flight. Under the 'Other' section from the top box, select 'Default' ( not the one with Meigs ) from the lower list. That's the one you want. The more difficult but imho overall better way would be to edit your FS9.CFG and search for "Situation" ... delete the entire line and save your FS9.CFG -- Do NOT use this option if you are unfamiliar with editing your FS9.CFG. I hope this helps.

>Thanks Dennis,>but's quite messy: I would like to know what flight have to be>the correct "default flight" in order to create new PMDG>747-400 flight starting from FS9 create flight view (supposing>to be a cessna c172 with engines and batteries off and>avionics on, saved as default flight?). Am I right?>>AndreaMy default startup flight is the Cessna 172 cold and dark. Once loaded, I switch to the NG or 747, and config the rest of the flight from there. If it's the 747, I then load my custom cold and dark panel state. I don't have problems if I do it this way.John

Guest jgreth123

Oh and if you want the top option, be sure to select the 'Make this my default flight' option when you select the flight :)

Guest Andrea

Many thanks,but before saving the default flight (cessna c172) with engines and batteries off: avionics master on or off?Andrea

Guest jgreth123

Andrea, Don't turn anything off. When you save the default flight with engines running, simply select the PMDG 747-400 from the Create a Flight window, start the flight, and as soon as the terrain and everything loads up, go to PMDG menu, Panel submenu, and Load Panel State, and select the Cold & Dark 747-400. Do that every time to ensure a fully-functional flight :) I hope that helps.