Sign in to follow this  
Guest jamesmcgrathhsd

747-400 Ver. 1.10 is Trouble-some

Guest jamesmcgrathhsd

Hi Jim,I tried Randy's suggestion and had a flawless flight from JFK to Gatwick. I did use the real time weather and did not have a problem, although real time weather in FS9 had been a problem for me with other aircraft (e.g. Flt 1's Piper Meridian for instance - unflyable with real time weather, or wild fluxuations in airspeed with LVD B767-300).I agree with the door problem. In the previous versions I had no problems, but with 1.10 I couldn't open the pax door with shift-e and resorted to keyboard mapping. Now the pax door nearest the nose and the secondary door open together. So maybe a re-install is in order.I'm now going to try he JKF to LIRF flight that crashes upon nose wheel touch down and see what happens.ThanksJim

Guest firehawk44

Hi Randy,You're a big help and I appreciate it. I almost always use a CI of 200 as I heard the higher this value the faster I may go as there's no regard for fuel consumption and I'm in a hurry to get to my destination.I will surely try your flt pln. I see you're not loading any other type of flt plan, just going to the airport and loading SID/STARS in your FMC. I've done that with other aircraft in the past and it does work well but I most always load my FS9 made flt plan first and then try to insert a SID or STAR. Rather cumbersome....In regards to your VNAV recommendations, I usually do exactly as you stated (use the DES NOW feature or use V/S).Thanks again.Jim Young

Guest firehawk44

Hi Jim,I'm going to try Randy's suggestions today. I apologize for almost stealing your orig thread with my issues but I wanted to let everyone know I had the same problems with the update too. I can't believe the SPD is disconnected after pausing and unpausing the game (for instance) and the aircraft will subsequently overspeed if not caught. I haven't seen this problem with the PMDG 737's. I wasn't trained to watch the FMA but to make sure the VNAV was on during the flight. I digress. I'm very happy now after getting some advice and assistance from Randy.In regards to the doors, I was wrong when I stated I fixed the problem by uninstalling/reinstalling the aircraft. I did everything I was suppose to do when uninstalling but forgot to remove the PMDGoptions.dll as recommended. Therefore my previous settings stayed. Sorry! I think you must use the PMDG keyboard settings function for the doors to open/close.Ciao,Jim Young