Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just747-400

People with LNAV problems

Guest Just747-400

Ok Guys,I guess I found the problem why the airplane is not tracking to the first wpt or is making turns after t.o. instead to stay on lnav. This happened to me also a few times and is related when you select a SID, sometime SIDs are created from the rwy position threshold or not, here is the problem. When you push toga FMC updates position to rwy landing threshold or position shift point is GPS updating is not active. I found that if you activate direct to the first wpt before t.o. this situation not following the magenta does not occur.Would you guys with these kind of complains try first direct to 1st wpt and see if that fixes the problem.

Guest Just747-400

Please copy the files appropriately lrbs.rte in PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS, LRBS.SAV IN pmdg/747400/PanelState And first t.o. do not update direct to 1st wpt and you will notice the airplane going in circles. For the 2nd t.o. before toga, activate direct to first wpt and after t.o. speed intervene @ 180 kts ias for the turn and see how nice LNAV will work. Comments are welcome.

I found that if you activate direct to the first wpt before t.o. this situation not following the magenta does not occur. Hello Alex ;P, I also found that a DIR TO after TO worked also, at least on my flight. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest iftipak

Alex, it would real helpful to me if u describe in a little detail what u said in ur post....what do u mean by "When you push toga FMC updates position to rwy landing threshold or position shift point is GPS updating is not active. I found that if you activate direct to the first wpt before t.o. this situation not following the magenta does not occur."ibrahim

Guest Just747-400

I will try to keep it as simple as possible (unfortunately you need to read the Automatic Flight section about to/ga). When you hit to/ga basically you

Guest iftipak

got it :) thanx for the hand.ibrahim

Guest dave67
http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg"Always sit at the rear of an aircraft,because they always find the Black Boxes"Alex,The problem i seem to be having is when i take off,the 744 tracks to the first waypoint,no problem there,flies right over it continues to the next waypoint and then starts to turn left or right as if its trying to find the first waypoint but can't.I even installed your zip file and that didn't make any difference.Any suggestions would be most welcome.Regards Dave

Guest Just747-400

Dave,Please send me all the files related to that flight with the info where is the problem.I would like to give it a try, maybe we can pinpoint the problem.alexei.nicolov@hotmail.com

Guest dave67

Hi Alex,Thanks for your patience,i won't be able to do any testing until near or after the coming weekend,due to shifts at work,then i can let you have the relevant details.Regards Dave

Guest dave67
http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg"Always sit at the rear of an aircraft,because they always find the Black Boxes"Hi all,As in a previous post i reported that the 747 was flying right over the waypoint to the next and then going ballistic trying to find the waypoint.This actually was a simple mistake on my part,i had forgotten to change a setting in the PMDG options menu,under AFDS make sure "follow hdg select" is checked not "wings level" as in my case.This solved my problem.Regards Dave