Sign in to follow this  
Guest Miyr

737 and Keyboard Problems

Guest Miyr

For some reason, whenever I load the 737 (either directly from the Fly Now screen or after loading the default 172 first), my keyboard doesn't work anymore, apart from the Windows key, the Alt+Enter command (but not the Alt or Enter keys when used seperately), and the F9 key (to open FSNavigator). When FSNavigator is running, I have no problems typing airport codes and such into its search function, but as soon as I go back to looking at FS, the keyboard commands become useless again. I've reinstalled the 737, to no avail, and am quite puzzled by this problem, as none of my other planes are affected by it.Any suggestions on how to solve this?Thanks,David N.

Guest forever_49ers

David,I experience the same problem with my bird. I havent figured out what causes this problem yet, but I assume some other add-on overwrites one or more files that make this phenomenon happen. Steve

Hi all,Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm currently experiencing the same problem, and it's a royal pain.Best,Matt Smith

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Gents,Never heard about anything like that. Have you emailed support@precisionmanuals.com to see if they have some ideas? It seems unlikely that the loading the 737 would block the complete keyboard. You don't have the Keyboard mode running on the CDU do you?Cheers,

I'm suddenly having the same problem. The keyboard stops working when loading the PMDG 737 but as soon as I load a different aircraft it works normally. Will let you know if I figure it out.One thing I should add is if you turn on keyboard mode (for the FMC) they keyboard works again. But as soon as you close the FMC or turn of keyboard mode the keyboard stops working again.Regards,Mike

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I've found that if I use the keyboard for FMC entry (by clicking on the side black panel) my keyboard won't work unless I cancel the FMC keyboard command. Works fine then.

>I've found that if I use the keyboard for FMC entry (by>clicking on the side black panel) my keyboard won't work>unless I cancel the FMC keyboard command. Works fine then.You misunderstand the issue we are having. As soon as the PMDG 737 is loaded, before doing anything, the keyboard is unresponsive. For example pressing ALT will not pull up the FS menu at the top of the screen or pressing S will not switch views. For myself this is a recent problem.I mentioned the FMC because I found it interesting that the keyboard works when in FMC mode. Meaning if I click the side black panel to turn on keyboard mode I can then use the keyboard to enter text into the FMC and the ALT key allows me access to the FS menus. However as soon as I turn off keyboard mode the keyboard stops working again. The only thing I can do with the keyboard is alt+tab out of FS to the desktop.

>David,>>I experience the same problem with my bird. >>I havent figured out what causes this problem yet, but I>assume some other add-on overwrites one or more files that>make this phenomenon happen. >>Steve Do you own the Super 80 from Flight 1? I think my keyboard problem started after installing it.Mike

Are you loading simultaneously any other programs like FS2Crew or similar? I do not have those but maybe a module or perhaps a gauge you added is grabbing the keystrokes.I'm using the 600/700/800/900 (Aerosoft CD distribution) NGs with no problems including running Active Sky 6, FSUIPC latest version, AISmooth 1.12, and Radar Contact 4.01.

Guest brand_da_man

I had the same problem. It was because i installed the 737 after the 747. You have to do a complete re-intall of both of them in the correct order.Brandon