Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

MSFS2002 CD Damaged, Please Help

Guest GabrielR

My computer suddenly exploited !!! I don't know @#$!*& why. To make things even worse when I was reinstalling everything the CD Drive scratched the CD #1 all aroud the border, the Istallation begins without problems, but when is time to transfer the files to the hard drive, it simply stops and freeze. I tried the CD in different computers and had the same result!!Looking at the CD there's a thin area scratched all aroud the edge, the scratches are only in the surface, they don't look so deep.What can I do now? My computer is on repair, and It will be during the next two weeks :-( and I could not install the program in my other computer, is there a different solution other than buying a new set of CDs at a cost of $70???Any suggestion will be appreciated.Gabriel Ruiz

Contact Microsoft directly, they are really good about replacements...Ray

Guest GabrielR

Thanks for your fast response!!!I'm going to contact them, Let's see if something can be doneThanks again!!

Guest Eagle92395

I agree with Ray from above... contact Microsoft Help on the PHONE...not email as they may blow you off. Give them a call and they are very helpful (been in the same situation with software).

Guest GabrielR

I just contacted MS:1. They picked up the phone after the first ring.2. A very short pre-recorded menu3. Clear Directions about how ask for a replacement4. The operator picked up the phone rigth away5. I placed an order for replacement6. They didn't ask for any other thing that a number in the CD pocket7. The replacement will be in my home in three days8. I had to pay 25 buck only for the whole new set9. I have a website to check the status of my orderAm I dreaming or what????????The bad thing: I was about to purchase Flightmax with that money!!

Guest Lizardo

Haha, no not really. I've been on the net since it began, and you can't beat MSN for service. If you tash your install disk, that one is FREE. For people not in the know, the # is: 1-877-635-7019

Guest GabrielR

I didn't get it. Write that again PleaseYou are talking about MSN? of course those are for free!!they even can be bougth at 1 Cent in best buy!!the one that I messed up was the #1 CD for FS2002 Pro

Guest Lizardo

haha, no I meant the basic operating system disks. Win 98, ME, etc.{or I got one free through "online support" anyway). :-)

Guest Paul_W

Along the same lines, I had a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer (a top-of-the-line optical mouse worth about $50 retail) go out on me after about eight months of use. On their Web site I read something about a limited lifetime warranty, but I couldn't find out who to contact, and there was no phone number listed anywhere on the box or in the manual. After a call or two I was directed to an 800 number for replacements, and then I had about the same experience as you. Everything was handled very courteously and very professionally, and not too many questions were asked. Several days later a replacement (with a slightly better design I think) arrived. With the exception of not knowing where to start the replacement process, the rest of it went very well and I was very impressed.

Guest flightpro08

As much as we love to hate Microsoft, they're actually pretty darn good. :-) I know I had a hard drive crash a couple of months back while running Windows XP Home Edition. As most of you know, Windows XP needs to be 'registered' using a product number that will only work once. Well, after I got my computer back from Best Buy, I went to load up Windows XP and sure enough, it wouldn't register, only giving me an error say my register key had been used before. Though, right below that error was a 800 number to call for tech support. Mind you, this all occured about 8:00PM PDT on a Friday. I called the number and within 30 seconds, I was talking to a real person who I simply explained to that I had a hard drive crash and XP wouldn't register properly. Bam, I got a new code within a minute and everything is as good as new. Microsoft rules! :DRyan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

Guest georgi55

Hmm...I did it all steps by email for my MSTS CD1 and CD2 and the only difference was that it took two weeks but everything was free.10 days longer waiting for $25 is worth IMO.Georgi